Sour Twists

Por Macedonia2901

Her life had always taken a different turn right from her birth to the disappearance of her father, the death... Más

CAST
Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32

chapter 4

180 73 3
Por Macedonia2901

"When are you leaving?" She finally inquired after my explanation.

"Soon," I replied succinctly and she raised her brows.

"How soon?"

"This afternoon."

"Wow," her eyes widened, "Come here," she opened her arms widely for a hug while I smiled before getting up from the chair to hug her.

"So no more food from you now?" She teased and I smiled before withdrawing from the hug. I always prepared our meal with ours, even though she owned Starlight, she was still my favorite person there.

I left her office minutes later for my room, while I was arranging my bag, the door opened swiftly and my eyes met with Kike who strolled in with a smile on her face.

"You're back?" I asked and she bobbed her head, she didn't sleep home last night.

Her eyes trailed to my bag and I didn't miss the confusion that settled on her pretty face, "Why are you packing?" She moved closer to me.

"I'm leaving," I blurted out and her eyes doubled its previous size.

"Leaving to where? Why? What's wrong?" She bombarded me with questions while I laughed.

"Kike, calm down," I uttered and this time she didn't dash me a warning look for calling her Kike but rather lifted her perfectly arched brows at me, I wondered how she still had time for make-up after staying out late though the make-up was light.

She shook her head which in turn made her braided hair move about,"How do you expect me to calm down when my sister is running away? Wait, are you eloping with your boyfriend? Is he rich?" Her eyes widened as if she realized something, "Don't tell me he's wealthy and you've decided to leave us to suffer alone? Does Keyshia even know?"

Laugh gurgled out of my mouth and she glared at me. Seconds later I was able to contain the laughter and decided to explain it to her, "Gosh! Kike, you think wildly a lot and no, I'm not eloping or anything, I got a job."

She heaved a sigh of relief before settling on the bed beside my bag, "And what's this job that you have to pack your stuffs?"

I pulled out the stool in front of my dressing table which also served as a study table for Keyshia, sitting on it, I faced her squarely, "It's a household job and that explains why I'm packing."

She creased her brows, "Household job? What's that? And I hope the pay is more than what you're earning Sha?"

I bobbed my head, "Househelp sha and the pay is a hundred thousand per month."

She nodded, "At least that's reasonable even though it isn't up to what I earn per day."

I pursed my lips, "And you can't help me with it."

She hissed, "When I told you to join me nko."

"And I'm not doing."

She waved her hands, "Whatever? Does Keyshia know?"

"Yeah and that reminds me, Kike..." She lifted her brows and I smirked, "Beauty or whatever, please ensure Keyshia takes her drugs ooo, we don't want her having another crisis again oo."

She cocked her head, "Don't worry at least Keyshia isn't a kid."

"It doesn't matter, sha monitor her."

"I've heard oo, you're always doing like mummy sha."

The smile that wanted to stretch out on my lips disappeared at the mention of our mother, just then, the buzz from my phone didn't make me dwell on it, without looking at my phone I knew it was Juliana, she was probably downstairs.

"I have to get going," I rose to my feet and she looked at me.

"So soon? You won't wait for Keyshia to get back from school?"

I shook my head, "I already said my goodbyes in the morning."

She nodded, "Who will now be cooking for us bayii? When will you come home and yeah, I hope it's here in Ibadan Sha?"

"Yeah and with your food, I think it's high time you learnt how to cook."

She gave of a dismissive wave of her hand, "Abegii, we'll be ordering food jare."

I pursed my lips and my phone buzzed again, quickly I grabbed my bag.

"Won't you hug me? I know you'll miss me," I teased and she rolled her eyes.

"Why will I miss you?" She asked before engulfing me in a hug.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The door swung open to reveal a petite woman who was probably in her late fifties but still looked beautiful nevertheless, she was the same person that ushered us in two days back when we came for our interview.

"Good afternoon ma," we greeted in unison and she smiled at us.

"Afternoon dear," she replied before moving to other side so we'll walk in.

Immediately we walked in, a smile appeared on my face as I recalled how Juliana has almost screamed two days back when we left the pre-sit to the living room, this time we didn't sit at the pre-sit waiting for anyone to call us in, the petite woman led us into the house.

Juliana and I looked around the large living room that was as big as the whole Starlight building, it was painted in white just like the outer painting without any stain and I wondered if they didn't have kids that could stain the walls but then we're talking about a mansion that had lots of workers who also lived in a servant's quarters.

"Don't you dare walk out on me!" Someone yelled and that made me look at the direction of the voice only to see the retreating figure of a guy.

The woman sighed before turning to us before dashing the petite woman a questioning look, apparently, she was the madam of the house, we didn't see her the last time we came here, the steward had interviewed us then.

"They're the new workers," the petite woman introduced.

"Good afternoon ma," Juliana and I curtsied in unison.

"Afternoon," she replied with a vibrant smile which contradicted my belief of her being a wicked madam, at least she welcomed us well today.

"Take them to the Steward, she should explain everything to them," she said before plopping on the white chaise lounge, seems white was their favorite color in this house.

We trailed after the petite woman and immediately we got to the lobby, a dark skinned girl walked out of a room I presumed to be the kitchen.

"Crystal," the petite woman called and the dark-skinned girl turned to us before walking up to us.

"Take them to your mother, they're the new workers."

"Okay, follow me," she said before walking away while Juliana and I shared a look before following her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Are you blind?" An almost albino girl screamed and I flinched.

"I'm sorry," I apologized and she rolled her eyes.

"Can your sorry ease the pain I felt while you stepped on me or can it buy me shoe? What were you even thinking? Are you that blind? Why don't you get a glasses?" She yelled and I stepped back at the intensity of her voice. What's wrong with this one now? Apparently, she would be the bitchy spoilt brat of the house.

"I'm sorry," I apologized again even though it was far from being sincere.

She hissed before flipping her pink braided hair, "Who are you by the way and what are you doing in my house?"

I opened my mouth to reply but a lovely voice from the other end cut me short, "Karen, this isn't your house."

The girl in front of me hissed while I wondered what was going on before I turned to the other end to catch of a glimpse of who just talked but she walked up to us in the same uniform as the spoilt brat.

"Tumi, what's going on here isn't your concern," the almost albino girl now known as Karen uttered with disgust evident in her voice.

"Oh really? This is my house and whatever goes on here is my concern," Tumi uttered with a smirk.

"I don't have your time," Karen hissed before walking away superfluously.

Tumi turned to me with a smile and I wondered what was wrong, "You must be the new kitchen aide, Crystal already told me about you, I'm Oluwatunmininu by the way but you can call me Tumi for short."

"I'm Kanyinsola, K.Y. for short."

She smiled before glancing at her wristwatch, "Shoot, I've got to go, see you later," and with that she walked away while I headed to the kitchen.

Immediately I got to the kitchen, Crystal's mom called me, "Take this to small oga's room," she dropped a tray in front of me and I creased my brows.

"Who is that?"

"His room is the first by your right immediately you get upstairs," that was her response and she walked away while I pouted before carrying the tray.

Following her description, I got to the entrance of the Small Oga's room as she'd called, after knocking thrice without any response, I opened the door and walked into a very big room that seemed like paradise ok its own. It was also painted in white just like the other parts of the house, not wanting to intrude any body's privacy, I dropped the tray on the white table that was adjacent to the king sized bed, then I left the room.

"Where have you been?" Crystal inquired immediately I stepped into the kitchen. With the few hours we'd spent here, she'd been friendly to Juliana and I and I knew she'll surely make a good friend or not.

"I should be asking you that."

"I had to run an errand, you?"

"Same here, your mom told me to take the food to Small Oga's room."

She blinked her eyes, "That's my job, anyway, I hope you didn't enter his room Sha?"

I puckered my brows, "I did."

Her eyes widened and I wondered what could be wrong.

"Ah, you shouldn't have done that, only his friends and family are allowed to enter is room."

"Why?"

She shrugged.

"I knocked thrice and no one responded."

"Hope he didn't see you sha?"

I nodded and she sighed. Okay, what's going on? I hope I haven't done anything to warrant losing my job bayii?

Your thoughts on this chapter

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.8K 712 19
After being rejected by her high school crush, Jumoke decides to leave her past behind and focus more on being a working woman. But when fate decides...
27.8K 7.1K 35
Mimisola has always been this carefree, outgoing, sociable and loving girl. All of a sudden, she recoiled and became its obverse, everything changed...
21.7K 4.5K 64
[COMPLETED] This is the story of a young lady who found herself being the only child of her parents which seems normal at first, but it comprised of...
115K 15.7K 48
"Okay. What's your favourite food?" "It will be you after we get married, but for now It's anything you give me to eat." He deadpanned. Tseju almost...