Chapter 14| ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴ' ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜʀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs

| 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝. |

Y/N's POV.

"So have you heard anything from Bria's mom?"Ariana whispered as she ran her fingers through my hair.

Right now, I was laying with my arm wrapped around her waist and my head on her stomach. We were just hanging out on the couch while Bria danced in front of the tv to Frozen. She was in her own little world, like always.

I frowned glancing up at her. "She's not her mom. But no and I hope I never do."

After we had our little breakthrough talk. Ariana decided to stay over for dinner and spend some time with Bria. Who wasn't gonna let her leave whatsoever, so we've been catching up and talking basically.

For me, it just felt really good to have her here with us.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

I could hear the sadness in her voice making me feel like a total dick. "No. I'm so sorry sweetheart, I shouldn't have talked to you like that. It's just hearing about her makes me so angry."

She nodded. "Yeah, I could understand that."

I swear, I just wish that I could have chosen someone different you know? Like I never in a million years would I wish that exchange my daughter for anything in this world.

I love my daughter to death, believe me I do. But if I could have chosen another mother for her, it would be so much better.

Bria would be so much happier and I wouldn't have to continue to protect her from her own "parent" like I do now.

"Have you decided what you're going to do? You know about the court case and everything."

I took a deep breath and shook my head. "Uh no not really. I'm just trying to focus on getting a good lawyer, cause Elizabeth hasn't told me any further information. But when the time comes, I wanna be more than prepared."

"Well just know that whatever you need I'm here for you, like I said before You name it and I'll make it my business to make it happen. Ok?"

I smiled over at her and nodded. "Yes I know. I thank you so much for that." This is what I love about her, she does so much for Bria and I when she doesn't have to.

Such a genuine sweetheart.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah and you really need to stop thanking me. Now let's talk about this Josie bit- I mean woman." Ariana said cutting herself off when Bria had stopped dancing suddenly and turned to her. It's like she's was waiting to call her out on cursing.

I laughed at the innocent look she was giving Ariana.

"Ari, you not say bad word." She pouted turning her head at her.

"Yes babe I know, I didn't say it."

Bria stared a second longer before nodding satisfied and turned back to the tv.

"Jeez, that little girl can be very intimidating at times." Ariana breathed out into my ear making my laugh again.

"Yeah tell me about it. Try living with her."

We both shared a quick laugh before going back to the conversation that we were having' before.

"So. Has she tried to contact you?"

I nodded. "She called me once yesterday and I didn't answer. I don't know what she could've wanted though. I specifically told her that I was done, that should've been the end of it."