Chapter 28| ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋ?

Y/N's POV.

"What's the matter son?"

I looked down at my hands and shook my head. "Nothing momma, everything is fine."

"Hmm, really? You'd think after just winning such a major case that you'd be more excited."

Maybe I felt bad because I just put a pregnant woman behind bars. Or maybe I was still upset about the fight that Ariana and I had, had a few weeks before.

I've been going crazy.

I thought I was doing all that I possibly could to make her happy, but maybe I was wrong. Because suddenly she didn't seem all to happy to be with me anymore.

Over the past year and a half we've grown closer and closer. I've fallen for the woman deeply, with everything in me.

Sighing as I ran my hand through my beard I looked down at me phone. Still no call or text from her, she actually promised me that she would be here with me today.

To: Love of my life❤️

Good morning darling, I hope you're feeling well. I know you're busy but just call me back when you get the chance.

I tapped the bottom of my phone nervously waiting for her reply. But after a couple of minutes, it never came.

"I'm fine ma, just glad for everything to be over."

This was just one problem that I had gotten out of the way. I now had to put all of my focus into the custody battle with Elizabeth that I had coming up in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully we could fix whatever is happening between us by then. Lord knows that I need her by my side for that. I don't think I could do it without her.

Mom sighed and placed her hand on my back. "It's all going to work out son. Everything, is going to be ok. You just have to believe that it will."

I smiled shyly down at her and nodded. "Thank ma, I love you."

"I love you more honey, now cheer up huh? Let's go home so I can make you and Bria's favorite dessert."

Ariana's POV.

"Oh my god Dalton, you're crazy!" I laughed with my hand covering my mouth.

He shrugged and smiled over at me. "No but I'm dead serious. Nothing was wrong with the lady, but I decided to take matters into my own hands and shit went left pretty fast."

As my laughter calmed down, I smiled over at him. "Well this was really great today Dalton. I appreciate you for taking me out and stuff."

"Ahh no problem, it was my pleasure."

He smiled his charming smile that captured my attention in the beginning.

I know what you guys may be thinking and I honestly don't have any answers for you.

To: Love of my life❤️

Good morning darling, I hope you're feeling well. I know you're busy but just call me back when you get the chance.

"Oh my god." I mumbled under my breath. I suddenly felt my heart twist and shatter into a million pieces.

I felt like I couldn't breath for a second. Because here I am out with another guy, yet here he is still being the sweetest person ever and checking on me. Making sure that I am ok, even after I've been such a bitch to him lately.

"Everything ok babe?" Dalton asked with a concerned look on his face.

I cleared my throat as I looked back up. "Umm yes, everything is fine. I just think I should go now."

He started at me for a moment before he just nodded and smiled. "Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"See you soon." I said as I stood up but before I could leave he grabbed my hand pulling me back into him and kissing my lips.

My eyes grew wide making me freeze.

You see, I promise this started off as something completely innocent. It was nothing more that me hanging out with an old friend. But then old memories began to swirl through my mind, along with old feelings resurfacing. I can't lie, I have been feeling something towards Dalton.

I do feel horrible about it, trust me I do. I mean Y/N hasn't done anything wrong. I've been starting so many fights with him so I'm sure he thinks he has.

But it's just because I'm confused and need time to figure things out, to figure out exactly what I really want.

I mean the last thing I wanna do is hurt him, or poor Bria. But I-I just don't know anymore.

"Bye Ariana." He smiled and I waved at him before walking away quickly.

"What the fuck have I gotten myself into?" I asked out loud as I ran my hand through my hair. I could feel the tears rolling down my face as I thought about the previous events.

I really love Y/N, but I don't know.. can we make it work?

_

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟾, ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ!

ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ᴛʜɪɴᴋ 💭

sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs.🧉

_