Chapter 15 | ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ

Y/N's POV.

I took a deep breath and stepped down away from the door.

"Who is it- Y/N?"

I smiled down at her and shrugged. "Hi momma."

"Oh my gosh son I missed you so much!" She shouted throwing her small arms around me and pulling me into the house.

I chuckled hugging her back. "I've missed you too ma. So much, I swear."

"You have no idea how much I've missed you Y/N." I heard her sniff making me frown and hug her tighter.

"Aw ma.." I sighed to myself. I already felt crappy, and now I felt even worse. As I stood here holding my crying mother, I couldn't help but feel how small and fragile she felt in my arms.

I slowly let her go to get a good look at her. She even looked like she had gotten smaller. "Momma, have you been ok?"

Of course she smiled up at me. "Yes son, I've been good."

"Hmm you sure, have you been stressing or eating well enough?"

"Yes Y/N, I have been eating and no to the stressing. Why would you ask me this?"

"I don't know momma. You just don't look like yourself to me." I stared down at her trying to read her face.

I waited for her to give me a direct answer but instead she just waved me off. "Oh son, it's probably because you haven't seen me in so long. Please let's have a seat and catch up." She said pulling me over into the kitchen and sitting down that the table.

"You hungry honey?"

Before I could even give her an answer she was bringing out a trey of foods and glass of ice tea.

"Well thank ma."

She smiled sweetly and brushed her hand over my face. "Of course baby."

I drank some of my tea before letting a few silent minutes go by.

"So where is my grand baby at?"

I smiled shyly bringing my hand to the back of my neck. "Umm she's at home with a good friend of mine."

I actually was gonna bring Bria along with me, but she just didn't wanna leave Ariana's side. She thinks that if she does Ariana will leave her.

"Ahhh is this a friend or a girlfriend?" She asked with a small smirk on her face.

"Oh ma come on, really? It's a friend!" I guess you could still call us that. I mean all we did was declare our love for each other... yeah totally no big deal. Right?

"Mmhm sure, stick with that. But I haven't saw you in a while, who knows what you have."

When she said that I took a deep breath. "I'm so sorry that I've been away for so long ma. I never meant to hurt you in any way."

Mom sighed and turned her head at me. "Aww Baby, you're a grown man, with a whole lot of responsibility. So I tried to understand, but once you stopped calling and I stopped seeing you and my grand baby.. I have to admit I got worried."

"Yes I know momma and you had every right to be." I spoke before sighed and looking down at my hands. "I was going through a lot."

"Please talk to me son. Tell me what was going on."

I looked over at her and shook my head. I had to tell her I know. She deserves to know what happened.

So I took a deep breath and just let everything that I was holding in, out.