Chapter 5| ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ...ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ

"Y/N, good morning sir, how's it going?"

I shook my head as I walked into the small building, sitting my things down. "I thought I told you not to call me sir Tyson, but how are you doin' this mornin?"

The brown haired boy turned around in his chair and smiled. "Oh you know, same ole same. What about you, how's the little princess doing?"

I smiled at the thought of Bria. She had a fit this mornin when I dropped her off at my moms. She loves her nana, but she's not exactly a morning person.

"She's good thanks for asking Ty."

I work as an agricultural engineer. People hear that and automatically think farmer, but nope that's not true. I mean apart from designing agricultural equipment and machinery, I also test them out to ensure that they work properly and that they were made within government regulations. But it's not all fun and games, trust me. I usually work overtime as most manufacturers require my help and even on the weekends.

It's one of the closest things I could find that I actually enjoyed, and that I was still able to draw and live out my dreams somehow.

So it's a pretty decent job. It may not be the best, but I'm able to feed my daughter and myself, put a roof over our heads and clothes on our backs.

I've been working here for a little over 5 years and Tyson came not too long after. So I'm over him and he kinda just takes my word for what to do.

Anyway, it's about 5:30 in the morning and I had a long day ahead of me.

"Hello boys." Our brief conversation was interrupted by a soft yet familiar voice.

"Mornin' Josie." I smiled politely. She is my boss Bill's daughter.

Tyson slapped his hand on my shoulder as he walked closer. "Good morning beautiful."

Josie sent him a tight smile before looking back to me.

"So, Y/N. How are you today?"

"I'm pretty good, what about yourself sweetheart?"

She giggled as she twirled a string of her hair. "I'm so good. Especially now."

I just nodded waiting for her to inform me with what needed to be done.

"Well I was really coming here to inform you about the new position that just opened up."

I raised my eyebrow up at her in confusion. "New position."

She nodded. "Mmhm, it's open and you are more than qualified."

"Hey what about me?" Tyson asked jumping in.

"Tyson done even try it ok. Y/N here has been here for years and he's technically already your boss. He'd get that position way before you."

"Jeez you tryin to hurt me Josie?"

"Nope." She said popping the 'p'. "Just telling the truth Tyson."

"Oh well thank you for letting me know, it sounds like a really good opportunity."

She stared at me for a moment before walking closer to me. I wanted to move back but hey, this was my bosses daughter. I couldn't be rude like that.

"Look if you're interested in this promotion, let me know. I'm sure I can help you out."

I nodded and smiled at her politely. "Well thanks I really appreciate that Josie."

She smirked up at me and shrugged. "No biggy, plus I know a few ways you can repay me."

I stared down at her as she ran her finger down my chest. She winked at me one last time before waving and walking away.