chapter 9 - Theatrics

The next few chapters will contain more fighting than I have done before,I'll try to make them as exciting or meaningful as possible so stay tuned for that.

"":All Might

"":Speaking

"":Thoughts

Location: Musutafu, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan: UA.

------------------

They sat in silence as the question he had for her was easier to think of than to actually say it out loud. She had been looking over student promotions for different courses before he came. They would be tested through the sports festival, and drafted in during the spring.

His voice was soft and his words as calm as the sea, but that couldn't help stop the guilt they contained.

Toshinori: "Inko, I want you to answer me truthfully. I've got a question that I should have asked a while ago." She nodded at his request, not seeing where this conversation was going. She bade him to continue.

Toshinori: "Honey, am I a bad parent?"

---

She hadn't given him an answer then and there. She had told him to give her time for her answer, and with the sports festival in bound he could only wait for her verdict.

The staff room was quiet as he too wanted to be left alone, his thoughts clouded with his actions and the guilt of it like a sword to his heart. He looked over Izuku's file and accolades, the recordings from the USJ and results from the entrance exams.

He hadn't bothered to check his achievements earlier, his attention only left to Izuna and her progress with One for All. Another thing to add to his guilt.

He suddenly realised, did he have any memories with Izuku? He became his step-father when Hisashi 'left', a reason  even a Inko herself knew little about. He began to feel tired, 8 hours of hero work and the aftereffects began to show, not that it was visible in the first place. His head suddenly dropped, he fell into a slumber with the last things he saw being 7 flashing lights.

---

Interviews were annoying, he knew that much. After the fight, he was interviewed by a leading news outlet. Answering question after question only to be requested by chat shows alike - today had been hectic for him and it wasn't even the sports festival yet.

Hermes: "And thats the last of them. You'll get used to this at some point."

Izuku: "I just hope this dies down soon, because I want to go back to being a normal person. Not some celebrity."

Akihira: "I understand how you feel, when I first became the Sentinel it was hectic - people have higher expectations for you when things like this happen."

Izuku nodded in agreement, his thoughts shifting to focus on her. He didn't know when or how he would see her again, but he still kept hope. No matter how long it would be till he saw her, it wouldn't matter as the things he wanted to say trumped any feelings of doubt.

Akihira: "It's best you pack your bags, the sports festival is soon and I believe your training here is finished, for now that is"

Izuku stood and walked, his mind telling him to stay. Hermes watched him go and turned to Akihira when he left, already knowing what this was about. His gaze becoming serious.

Hermes: "So it's true isn't it? The Pantheon are resurfacing."

Akihira: "The time will come for him to know, by then he would be ready."