Chapter 5 - Aftermath - Opposing Ideals

"":All Might

"": Speaking

"":thoughts

Musutafu, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan: UA

‐-------------------------

The breeze blew in soft drills. The sky turning from salmon pink, to a dark blueish-black. The clouds rolled back and forth like traffic as the city descended into nightfall.

The party cranked up as guests began to enter the mansion. She had invited him in hopes of him meeting her parents, the meeting had gone well. Approval of their 'friendship', or whatever it was, rang out to Momo as she latched on to him in the heat of the moment.

He was used to this sort of thing, but embarrassment deepened when her parents took notice of her show of affection to him.

It went well until a rich kid from a well known support item company: Ajax, had come up to buy Momo off into marriage, something that didn't sit well with Izuku.

Needless to say, it ended with a bruised snob and a dignified Izuku, a show of arrogance from the former which in turn angered Izuku - the idea you get what you want for being rich.

She was bandaging his wounds, the party had winded down as guests began to leave. Some thanked Izuku for cutting the boy down a peg while his parents scowled at him. He and Momo had made there way upstairs to her room and enjoyed the now blissful company of the other.

Momo: "Izuku, can I ask you something?"

He affirmed with a nod.

Momo: "Why do you vouch for me? Why do you defend or stick up for me when you have no need to?" Her voice was shaky, he noticed sniffles coming from her as some had clearly bothered her.

Izuku: "I defend you because of jow much you mean to me. I'd go to ends of the earth if you wished me to do so."

Momo: "So I can follow you? I can be by your side through thick and thin?" She stuck out her pinky finger to him to signify their promise, it was spontaneous, yet he agreed nonetheless.

He pulled her close to him, and held her like that. Their relationship becoming more intimate as they grew closer.

----

The fondness of the memory bade it to surface in dreams, the feeling he got from being with her reminded him of blissful times past.

Izuku: "Momo..." he said, so weakly it bordered on whispering.

The smell was sterile, his body felt weak as the lights that flooded the room interfered with his perpetual vision.

He was able to recall the feeling of the power in his arm but felt too drained to do so. It would be a while before the ache in his left arm would heal, that apart from the scarring he received from the below his shoulder.

He felt the presence of someone walking to his ward. Recovery girl, or Grandma Chiyo as she had permitted him to call her, wasn't there but left a note saying she would be back.

He looked towards the door as his visitor came through the door, it was his step-dad.

Izuku: "Dad, what are yo-"