Chapter 14 - Envy

Some of the fights in this festival might/will be longer than others. I'm trying to stray away from making the sports festival just fight scenes. So you can bet I'm in for the filler. Some paragraphs will be shorter than others, so expect snippets of text from time to time. Without further ado, let's begin.

"":All Might

"":Speaking

"":Thoughts

Location: Musutafu, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan: UA.

----------

The crowd's persistence carried on full force, the heroes in the stands taking notes and conversing between themselves about which student seemed promising, or which student was set to win. And all their bets were placed on Endeavour's kid - Shoto Todoroki.

-

She looked at the two, her brown hair losing its usual 'bounce' and her mood shifting to one of disgust, disgust directed at herself. She felt something, an awful feeling swell up in her the more she looked at them. The urge to separate them becoming more apparent as her gaze upon them hardened. Envy was a bitch, and Ochaco Uraraka knew it well.

She looked at the board, the next fight would be mostly one-sided. An inevitable win for the prodigy teen and her fight couldn't be anymore controversial. She stood up and left the bleachers, clarity on her thoughts seemed to come naturally to her but not today. Her waiting room in sight, and her smile turning into a thoughtful frown.

---

He looked towards the display board, his fight would be broadcast on screens across the nation. But that didn't change the way he felt. Knowing his father would be watching, he'd be lying if he said he had no intention of rebellion towards him. However, the words Izuku had said to him made him think - if Izuku could live without resenting his father, could he?

CAN SHOTO TODOROKI AND HANTA SERO MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE STAGE.

Thoughts cut off before they could come to fruition was an annoyance to the hetrochromatic teen, he spared a glance at his opponent before making his way to the stage and found him frowning. The feeling of pity was a common to Shoto.

-

The stage was set and the crowd were cheering, the now familiarised confetti showered the arena in multicoloured snow. His opponent began to stretch, he felt sorry for Sero so he decided to give him a chance to see what he had, a decision he would either regret, or benefit from.

3

2

1

GO

Sero: "I know I might not win, but I don't feel like loosing either!"

He shot tape from his elbow and allowed it to snake its way around Todoroki. He rushed him and sweeped, swinging him round at speeds some eyes couldn't follow, his arms working harder than normal to at least try and create an opening. He found it, but what what Todoroki said next shattered any hope he had of winning.

Todoroki: "I'm sorry, but I too feel like winning..."

He said it so low he some could barely hear it, but Sero heard it loud and clear
Todoroki's next move seemed overboard, but he had already admitted  defeat. Ice crawled up his line of tape and exploded on contact, leaving him in Frozen while Todoroki didn't seem to stop.

 Ice crawled up his line of tape and exploded on contact, leaving him in Frozen while Todoroki didn't seem to stop