Chapter 12 - Conviction

I don't know how many chapters it will take me to cover the sports festival, but I hope you all enjoy this. We'll be delving further into Momo's past and her importance to the rest of the story, so I hope your ready because a lot of things will come from the next few arcs.

:""All Might

:""Speaking

:""Thoughts

Location: Angel's Landing

------------------

They were in the royal capital: Asterin. The reason for their appearance there was to report to the king, his majesty himself had grown concerned with the increase in criminal and terrorist activity - something that caught both Akihira and Hermes off guard, who wouldn't be if the self-centered king of their nation(who does basically nothing) was actually concerned for something other than himself? That, is what they thought of king Kenshiki VII.

Akihira: "You called, sire."

Kenshiki: "I want to assure that my kingdom is safe, with the increase in criminal activity I am weary of making promises with other nations. I cannot go back to doing &/or getting the things I want. Do you understand that, Sentinel?"

Akihira: "I understand sir, but what does this have to do with us?"

Kenshiki: "I want to know, is there a possibility of there being a traitor in our ranks? I have been selfish for to long now, I would like to become a better king and servant to my people. So would you allow me to help in any way I can manage?"

Hermes: "If your ok with this, sire, an appearance or speech to the masses would be a start in bettering yourself. The people would gain more trust in you and your judgement, while the Exorcists would have a renewed sense of pride in this nation. How does that sound?"

Akihira: "About your traitor suspicion, do you have any idea of who it could be? If there were a traitor, when and how would they attack? Have you seen such things with your Grace, sir?"

The name of Kenshiki's Grace is 'Eyes of time'. This allows him to take glimpses into a distant or near future through prophetic dreams. With this Grace the Angels have been able to avoid conflict with other nations for centuries. However, for Kenshiki to bring this, his dreams only brought an answer to them - an impending danger was near.

Akihira: "I suppose this is linked to the Dark Pantheon, if they were to get the key, then their resurfacing is more imminent than ever before."

Kenshiki: "Hmmm, see to it that preparations are made for my speech. And Sentinel, you are the pinnacle of defense for this nation, see to it that this kingdom is safe."

They nodded and made for the door. Their footsteps slow but not dragging. Eyes steeled and focused. They had work to do, and they had no time to slack off. But first.

Hermes: "Why don't we watch the festival? I'll get the popcorn and you set up the projector. Sound like a plan?"

They shared a laugh over the query, the thought was inviting. They raced to Alihira's place, watching it in 4k was the best option.

---

The second event was about to begin, many students calmed themselves and gave words of encouragement to the fainter hearted. The seductress herself waltzed onto the stage in all her glory, she moved as if the rhythm of the crowd's chants added tempo to her step. Her looks wowing the crowd, her hair flowing freely and her eyes filled with the glow that came from the job.