Chapter 11 - Why?

I'm going to try put this chapter on the emotional spectrum. My biggest fear for this is that it comes off as cheap as I've never written an emotional seen of this magnitude, so comment down below if you found this heart-warming. Without further ado, let us begin.

"": All Might

"": Speaking

"": Thoughts

Musutafu, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan: UA.

---------------

Present Mic: "IN FIRST PLACE WE HAAAAAAVE........ IZUKU YAGI, IZUNA YAGI IN SECOND, SHOTO TODOROKI AND KATSUKI BAKUGOU IN JOINT THIRD!"

The crowd went wild once again and he looked around him while all the while panting. He walked towards the Heroes' bleachers and found the pro who mocked him - he stuck a thumbs down and spelt out the landing for loser, revenge was sweet.

Todoroki: "Third place huh? Not bad, I bet he's fuming right now..."

His eyes searched for his target and found it, he walked towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Todoroki: "Hey, Yagi. Can we talk? Away from prying eyes?"

Izuku: "Sure, why not."

They walked towards one of the tunnels and began their conversation. Izuku remained unaware of what Todoroki wanted to talk to him about, but he knew one thing.

The sports festival was the first year stage to perform, and he had begun his with a bang!

--

Bakugou followed them out of suspicion, they could have called him out by now but chose not to - almost as if they didn't care if he listened or not. Still fuming about third place, the need to shout at someone faded as he knew it would only be in vain, he was still going to win the festival either way.

Something about Deku had changed. Apart from the obvious increase in power, the 'nerd' had become more prideful. It was as if he was looking down on him while still remaining humble to everyone else. That, was something Katsuki despised. He walked towards the sound of their voices and stood against a wall away from them, he could still hear what they were saying however. And it was more shocking than Deku's surprise quirk.

---

Izuku: "Todoroki, I can tell you want to say something. What is it?"

Todoroki: "You forced me to use my left side, in the first event. If you push me far enough to break my vow in the first event, your more dangerous than I initially expected."

Izuku waited on him, the silence wasn't uncomfortable but itt wasn't welcome either. Todoroki raised a hand to his face and held it at the scar on his eye - specifically on his left side.

Todoroki: "You're probably wondering, how did I get this scar? For that I'll need to start from the beginning. Yagi, have you heard of quirk marriages?"

---

A young Shoto Todoroki can be seen watching the news with his mother. A woman with white hair and grey eyes; a woman who's beauty hadn't faded since childbirth or marriage, but bloomed like a like a white rose.

Rei Todoroki: "Shoto, do you still want to be a hero? Like All Might?"

Shoto: "Of course Mom! I want to be the greatest hero, and protect people from evil!"