29

"Gia, how do I look?" tanong ko sa kaibigan habang tinitingnan ang sariling repleksyon sa salamin. Hinintay ko ang kaniyang sagot ngunit abala ito sa kaniyang cellphone.

"Golden Armani, are you stalking your ex again?" tinaasan ko boses kaya agad niyang nabitawan ang cellphone. Inirapan niya ako at kinuha ang cellphone.

"I came here to discuss business with you because your best friend is too lovesick to do so," aniya at inirapan ako ulit. "And now I'm finding out that you're just like him."

I rolled my eyes at her, annoyed with her assumptions. I told her that I have an important meeting so we have to move ours but she insisted in coming here. Gusto niya raw akong makita at masigurado na maayos ang kalagayan ko.

"Just tell me how I look and I'll shut up." Hinarap ko siya at nag-posing. "And I'm not like Orion, he's on another level of lovesickness."

"So, you're admitting that you're lovesick as well?" she teased, wiggling her eyebrows to annoy me. "He's coming back in a few months, by the way. Atat na atat na 'yon makita ang minamahal niya."

"I know," I nodded. "Now, can you please tell me how I look?"

She groaned. "You look fine, Jarvis. Sino ba 'tong ka-meeting mo at mukhang gusto mong magpa-impress?"

"I don't dress to impress," I pointed out, turning back to the mirror and stared at my reflection again. "I just want to look presentable for the meeti—oh no, is that a loose thread?"

Lumapit ako sa salamin at nakita na may parte sa collar na hindi maayos ang pagkakatahi. Ginupit ko ang hilo at bumalik ulit sa harap ng salamin.

"Should I button all or leave the first two unbuttoned?" tanong ko sa kaibigan. Nginisihan niya ako at umiling-iling. "What? I'm just asking. And oh, should I use wax on my hair or is my hairstyle fine?"

She walked towards me, her eyes glinting with mischief. "I'll tell you how you look if you'll tell me whom you're meeting with."

"No way! You're a gossip, Gia." I said matter-of-factly.

"Takes one to know one, huh?"

"Just tell me how I look!" inis kong sabi. My meeting is two hours from now but I have to be there early. Ayaw kong ma-late kaya dapat makaalis ako rito sa office ng maaga.

"Like what I've said—"

"I'm meeting with the interior designer of the stadium, happy?" Well, soon-to-be interior designer since she hasn't signed the contract yet.

"Nag-meeting din kami ng interior designer ko last time pero hindi naman ako nagpagawa ng custom-made suit para sa meeting," she grinned, leaving me no choice but to tell her about Sugar.

"Fine! Let's say, I like her," I admitted. "But that's it! We haven't seen each other for years and I want to make a good impression."

"Good impression, my ass." She rolled her eyes ang laughed. "Gusto mo lang talaga magpapansin."

"Paano mo nasabi? Mahilig ka rin magpapansin?" I taunted which made her stop laughing. Sumeryoso ito at inismiran ako.

"Takes one to know one, huh?" I mocked.

"Whatever! You look fine, though."

I sighed. "I'm not opting for fine, though."

"Just go to that meeting and ask her on a date if you really like her!" She groaned and massaged her head, stressed with my wardrobe dilemma. "Don't just impress her with your outfit, impress her with your personality. That's what you should opt for!"