Epilogue

"Congratulations!" Our friends cheered as we all clinked our glasses.

Sugar and I decided to announce to our closest friends about our engagement here in Greece. Ang plano ko dapat ay dito magpo-propose sa kaniya ngunit hindi pa kami tapos sa preparasyon, nalaman niya na.

My plan may not have pushed through but I'm not complaining. What matters here is that she said yes. Besides, everything with her in it is already romantic for me.

"Uyy, so sinong next?" Caramel opened the topic that was clearly intended for the two people who have been trying to avoid each other.

I smirked at Orion who gulped hard while averting his eyes to the side. London, on the other hand, acted oblivious though she was secretly shooting daggers at Caramel.

"Si London!" Sabay-sabay na sagot nina Sugar, Valentina, at Galaxy.

My sweetie laughed as they all teased their friend. When she noticed my gaze, she beamed at me and winked, making the rest of their conversation drown in my thumping heartbeat.

Ah, this woman and her effect on me.

"Yeah, I agree. Hula ko rin na si London na ang next," si Caramel sabay kindat sa kaibigang nagpapatay-malisya.

"Sus! Kung buhay mo kaya ang hulaan mo. Oh, sinong future mo?" Sagot pabalik ni London at tinaasan ng kilay ang kaibigan.

"Hmm..." ani Caramel at nag-aktong nag-iisip bago tinuro si Iouis. "Siya! Sure akong siya!"

Natawa kaming lahat dahil sa kaniya ngunit napunta na naman ang atensyon ko kay Sugar noong humalakhak siya.

I can see it in her eyes and the way she laughs that she's really happy. Seeing her like this makes my heart flutter and contented. It's like as long as she's okay, I'm okay as well.

Patuloy na nagtuksuhan sina Caramel at Iouis at naiba lang ang usapan nang biglang nag-British ang accent ni Valentina. Dahil doon, siya naman ang pinagdiskitahan nila.

These girls are all crazy but in a good way. The months I "secretly" spent with them made me realize why Sugar treasured them so much. I experienced being with them firsthand and even though we don't know each other that much, I could tell that they're good people.

"Woaaaahhh! So you're going to propose?" They all squealed in delight and almost suffocated me with their group hug.

"Yeah... no one aside from you guys and her sister and mom knows," I said, smiling a bit with their enthusiasm. It was evident that they, too, are excited with my plan.

The moment Sugar and I arrived in Italy, the first thing I did was contact them. We spared no time and they all helped me with the preparations. I didn't want to rely on organizers and such, I wanted to be the one who'll prepare everything— from the food, to the table setting and to what she'll wear.

I knew that her friends were all gifted in those aspects so I asked help from them. Plus, they know Sugar really well so their inputs would be of great help to me.

"Sugar doesn't really like flowers but since it's from you, I'm sure she'll love it," ani Valentina habang pinagmamasdan akong inaayos ang mga bulaklak. She's good at flower arrangements and she's teaching me how to do it.

Napangiti ako sa narinig. Bago pa ako makapagsagot, nanukso na ito.

"Sus, kinilig ka naman."

Napailing na lang ako sa kaniya at pinatuloy ang ginagawa. Valentina helped me with the flower arrangements and planning for the table settings; Galaxy taught me how to knit a dress; London helped me in making a scrapbook; and Caramel for making a candle— all of which are for her; for Sugar.