7

2nd letter

To the Guy I Barely Know,

Lies. Betrayal. Greed. Lust. Wickedness. Vile. Envy.

Those are the words that could sum up my past between Perri.

"It's Patricia for you. We're not close for you to call me by my nickname," Perri remarked.

The audacity of this girl!

She gave me a taunting smile, trying to test my patience. Instead of giving in to her nasty remarks, I looked at her straight in the eye, and shadowed her smile.

"Then don't start a conversation with me. We're not close for you to even talk to me."

I saw from her expression that she was taken aback on what I said. It seems like she didn't expect me to talk back to her. She was used to the fact that I always act inferior, but guess what, I'm done with your high and mighty act.

"Tss." She rolled her eyes, "If I were you, I'd be careful." She then took a quick glance at Jarvis. "History might repeat itself."

I licked my lips and gave another smile, "If I were you, I'd be careful too. Karma might chase you down."

After that, I tossed my hair and made sure it hit her before walking away. I was only able to breath properly when I reached the parking lot. Seeing her was suffocating. Everything she did, no scratch that, everything they did, came back.

"Hey!" Jarvis called as he ran towards me. "What happe—you're hyperventilating!"

I gestured a hand to him to assure that I can manage but he didn't oblige. He helped me calm down until I was able to breath normally.

It was a shock to me when I saw her. It's been years since everything between us happened. Funny cause just a few days ago, I told myself that I'll cut myself free from the chains of my past that's been holding me back.

I told myself that I'll move forward. But how can I possibly do that when my present is starting to get entangled with my past?

How can I forget the misery I went through when the monsters who caused me such are starting to appear before me?

How can I run away from my tragic past when it keeps following me?

"Are you okay? Do you know that girl?" you asked, yet all I managed to give as a response was a complete silence.

We drove back to the resort and ate lunch in silence. It's a good thing that Jarvis didn't bother talking about what happened earlier. After our sumptuous meal, I bade him goodbye so I could have time for myself.

I decided to walk on the seashore. I need a peaceful time alone. I need to calm down and breath some fresh air so I could think.

I honestly didn't expect that I'd act the way I did when I saw Perri. I actually thought I'll break down and act weak again. But I didn't. I stood up for myself and I couldn't be prouder.

Facing a monster is no easy task, but I guess, I'm starting to make few progresses. I guess... when I told myself that I'm freeing myself, the universe conspired and is trying to help me get over my past by letting me see her again; to really make sure that I'm stronger and I could move forward despite her being around.

I wanted to tell you about Perri; about what happened. But seeing her, made me confused; she made me think. Seeing her again heightened my fear of being betrayed. Seeing her again reminded me what happened when I trusted.