10

"Me."

What?

Is he trying to flirt with me with some lame pickup lines?

I was about to retort back but then I realized that people like Jarvis would have fun if someone will make patol to their taunts. So instead of being pissed, I turned to him and smiled seductively.

I slowly licked my lips and closed the space between us. My hands ran through his chest, his body stiffening. I then brought my face near his, his taunting look was now replaced with a surprised yet nervous one.

"Really? You think you'll look good on me?" I purred.

He swallowed hard as his eyes drifted on my smirking lips. He clearly didn't expect me to respond this way. He probably thought I'll start another banter with him. Too bad for him, though, alam ko ang mga galawang ganito.

He cleared his throat and made a safe distance between us. His face and neck were now turning red.

I flashed him a triumphant smile before letting out a hearty laugh.

"Sus! Wala ka pala eh!" tukso ko.

He immediately regained his composure and shook his head.

"Don't play with me woman."

"You caught me off-guard. I'll do better next time," he added smugly. "Just wait."

"Couldn't wait for that," I teasingly said while running a finger down his face.

I felt him shiver with my touch.

Hmm... are you really the one you're claiming to be, Jarvis? I asked inwardly. Or you're pretending too?

Ever since I witnessed that incident, I started doubting his identity. A part of me thinks that he's hiding something yet the other part keeps on convincing me that he's still on the questioning stage.

I chose to believe the latter, though. My guts are telling me that he's hiding something. But the thing is, I never believed in people. I always expect the worst from them. I always think that everyone is lying and will hurt me.

I guess that's the reason why I'm doubting him at the first place.

I shrugged those thoughts off and started walking towards the enormous glass beach house. It was a two-story structure that stood mighty on the white sand beach. The minimal, white and woody interior could be seen from the outside because of its glass walls.

"You, woman, are starting to act differently," he pointed out, getting my attention.

I shrugged nonchalantly, realizing midway what I've been doing.

I've been acting around him too comfortably... I act around him the way I act with my friends... with the people I trust.

I sighed, worried that I might be in another trouble. For me to act coolly and comfortably around him simply means that a part of me is starting to trust him...

I'm starting to open myself to him... and it's scary... because he might end up treating me the way—no, don't even think about them. It's all in the pass. Jarvis is different, stop finding reasons for him to look bad in your eyes.

Stop overthinking, Sugar. Stop. You're just finding reasons to not like him.

I badly wanted to ask him if what he said when we first met are true. I mean, his sexuality doesn't bother or mean anything to me. I just want to know if he's... honest.

But then, I have to trust him. If he wants to tell me, he will. All I have to do is to have faith in him. I should stop doubting for it might be the reason why everything will get ruined.