25

The only plan I had in mind was to go to Jarvis' condo and take all my belongings. After that, I have no idea on what I'll be doing next.

I spent the whole ride back to the States jotting down the things I could possibly do—from staying in my resort in Hawaii to going to Europe and have a vacation to clear my mind. Hanggang sa makarating sa condo ni Jarvis, iyon pa rin ang laman ng isipan ko.

Hindi ko alam kung may tao ba rito o wala, pero bahala na, ang importante, makuha ko ang mga gamit ko.

Dahan-dahan akong pumasok at nilibot ang tingin. Nang masiguro na wala ngang tao sa unit niya maliban sa akin, dumiretso ako sa kwartong tinutuluyan at kaagad na nagsimulang mag-impake.

Mabilis ang pagkilos ko kaya agad akong nakatapos. Aalis na dapat ako ngunit natandaan ko ang mga letters. Nasa isang safe iyon na nilagay ko sa isang drawer. Chineck ko ang mga iyon at siniguradong kumpleto ang letters ko.

I didn't know what came to my mind but I started writing another letter. The memories we created in this place started flashing in my mind. Everything we did—from the charity events to the planning of his stadium, to the bitter memory of last time, the one with his mom in it, came to my mind and made me tear up.

I know that I should stop crying about what happened but I couldn't stop myself from doing so. The fact that the person whom I really trust was actually plotting against me made me emotional.

Mabilis kong tinapos ang letter dahil baka maabutan pa niya ako rito. At kung minamalas ka nga naman, saktong pagtayo ko mula sa upuan, bumukas ang pintuan at niluwa niyon ang taong iniiwasan ko.

His sudden appearance surprised me but he didn't seem shocked to see me here. Someone must've informed him that I was here.

He rushed to my side and enveloped me in an embrace. I wanted to hug him back and cry on his shoulders but the anger I was feeling overpowered all the other emotions. Pain flicked through his tired eyes when I pushed him.

"Sugar..." he called, attempting to hold me. I took a defensive stance and distanced myself away from him. "I'm sorry... about what happened."

"I don't know what they told you but please let me explain," he added weakly, his voice tired and pleading.

"Fine. Explain." I wanted to just walk out on him but the part of me who wanted to hear him out prevailed.

He took a deep breath and started telling me his side of the story. When he finished, I couldn't help but to feel more disappointed at him.

"You had years!" galit kong sigaw. "Years, Jarvis! Years!"

"We were together for years but you chose to lie and keep everything a secret! I agreed to the pretend relationship because I wanted to help you!"

"I wanted to help you because I thought that would make you happy! Pinagmukha mo akong tanga! Tinulungan kita pero ako pa ang naagrabyado!"

Nanghihina niya akong tiningnan kaya lalo akong nagalit.

"Tangina mo, Jarvis! Tangina mo! Tangina..." my voice trailed off while I sank to the floor. I clutched my chest and sobbed. The pain was unbearable and I just wanted to leave.

Bago pa ako makatayo, kinulong niya ako sa kaniyang mga bisig at mahigpit na niyakap. Nagpumiglas ako ngunit lalo niyang hinigpitan ang yakap.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered weakly. "I'm sorry..."

Using all the strength I had, I pushed him but he barely moved. Nagtama ang aming mga mata at katulad ko, lumuluha rin ito. He looked like he barely had rest and I wanted to ask if he was okay but I stopped myself.