39

"Ate Sav!" Lakad-takbo ang ginawa ko papunta sa kapatid. Ilang buwan din kaming nanatili ni Jarvis sa Hawaii kaya ngayon lang kami ulit nagkita ni ate.

She looked really different from the last time I saw her— more glowing than ever and heavily pregnant with her second.

"Tita-mama!" It wat Zav who first reached me. He grew so much in just a span of few months and I'm now having a hard time carrying him.

I felt a hand on my waist. Even without checking, I'm sure that it's Jarvis who's beside me. The three of us walked towards ate and kuya who were waiting for us at the front porch of their house.

Binaba ko si Zav pero agad naman itong kinarga ni Jarvis. I kissed both my sister and my brother-in-law on the cheeks before I bent down so my eyes would level to my sister's belly.

I placed a light kiss on her bump before enveloping her in a somewhat uncomfortable hug. Her tummy was getting in the way but I'm not complaining since I'm actually really excited to see my nibling.

"Sabi ko sa'yo magbakasyon kayo eh!" Puno ng panunukso kong sabi bago binalingan si kuya na kinindatan lang ako bago nagbro-hug kay Jarvis.

Bago pa makaangal si ate, lumabas si mommy at saka kami binati. Binelatan ko ang kapatid bago itinuon ang pansin sa ina na naka-apron, mukhang nagluluto noong dumating kami.

She welcomed Jarvis and I with a hug. My mother looked radiant and happy. I'm sure that even though she's helping around here, she's enjoying the work.

I'm really glad that she and ate made amends since it's noticeable that it did them well. Matagal rin kaming nakatira sa isang bubong ni mommy pero hindi ko siya kailanman nakitang ganito kasaya at payapa.

We all went inside and Jarvis and I went straight to our rooms. Mom resumed cooking with the help of kuya while ate Sav accompanied me. After I freshened up, I found her sitting on the edge of my bed, a longing smile on her face.

"I missed you." Sinubukan niyang tumayo ngunit dahil siguro sa bigat ng dinadala, hindi niya kinaya.

I helped her get up and made our way down to the kitchen. Jarvis was already there and we has having an animated conversation with kuya and mommy while piggybacking Zav.   

"You look happy," aniya, pabalik-balik ang tingin sa amin ni Jarvis.

I shrugged and bit my lower lip to stifle a smile. "You too, ate."

She caressed her belly with a contented smile. When we reached the last step of the stairs, she placed an arm around me and whispered, "So, how are you? Relationship's been smooth?"

"So far, so good," I answered with a nod. "Life's been nice to me these past few months."

"That's nice to hear. Happiness does look good on you." Before I could even think of a response, mom already called us.

She pulled a seat for the both of us. Out of shock because of her gesture, ate had to pull my hand down so I would sit. My eyes went to the man seated in front of me who was already looking at me. I gave Jarvis a confused look but he only smiled.

Nilagyan ni mommy ng pagkain ang mga pinggan namin ni ate at katulad kanina, nagulat na naman ako. Hindi ganito si mommy noon pero mukhang marami talaga ang nagbago sa kaniya simula noong nagkaayos sila ni ate.

Lito kong tinitigan ang ina ngunit noong nagtama ang tingin namin, kagat-labi kaagad siyang bumaling sa kung saan. I tried catching Jarvis' eye but he was now busy eating and conversing with kuya. At dahil mukhang walang may gusto na makipagtinginan sa akin, kumain na lang ako.