40

"Sugar, wait!" Jarvis ran after me as I sped towards the elevator. I ran as fast as I could but he was quick as well.

I stood at the corner of the elevator and covered my face. It was the first time I said those three words to someone and I'm not sure if he believed it or not.

I may have said those words spontaneously but I do know in my heart that I meant them. I think the reason why I said those out of nowhere was because it felt like the most natural thing to do. Alam ko sa sarili ko na ito ang nararamdaman ko sa kaniya.

It was too much to bear that I can't even suppress it.

"So you love me too, huh?" His tone was full of amusement and if I'm guessing right, he's probably stifling a smile.

I slowly distanced my fingers that were covering my face so I could take a peep. The moment I opened my eyes, he was already intently looking at me.

His hands went to mine's and removed them from my face. My guess was wrong about him stifling his smile since he's sporting an ear-to-ear grin. Kinilig yata ng sobra-sobra at hindi na pinigilan ang mga ngiti.

"Can you say it again?" He requested, wiggling his brows.

"Stop teasing me." I rolled my eyes and tried pushing him away from me. My attempts were futile and he also didn't want to budge.

Placing both arms on the wall behind me, he brought his face closer to mine as he caged me in the corner.

If it wasn't for the light "ting" sound of the elevator when it opened, we would've stayed in that position.

A collective gasps made us look towards the entrance of the elevator. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks as the staffs who were about to enter stopped abruptly and gave us awkward and surprised looks.

When they realized who I was, their eyes widened and scurried to different directions. Napatingin ako sa posisyon naming dalawa ni Jarvis. It was like on one of those movies where two people are doing some obscene stuffs in the elevator.

"Oh gosh." Napa-facepalm ako dahil sa kahihiyan. Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, ang mga nakakita sa amin ang siyang ka-meeting ko ngayon.

Ano na lang ang mukhang ihaharap ko sa kanila?

"On the brighter side, they won't say a word about it because you're their boss," he said, trying to console me but it didn't help. "And also, you just said that you love me."

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin pero agad din namang hinalikan sa pisngi at nagpaalam ulit. "We'll talk later."

Lakad-takbo ang ginawa ko papalayo sa kaniya at saka lang napagtanto na nasa maling floor ako. Dumiretso ako sa isang function room at hindi nga ako nagkamali na ang mga nakasaksi sa amin kanina ang siyang mga ka-meeting ko.

Pinaghalong mga executives at hotel staffs ang kasama ko ngayon. Isa-isa ko silang tiningnan at mabilis silang nagsiyukuan. Hindi man sila nakangiti o tumatawa, naramdaman ko namang parang may inside joke na sila.

"I won't get mad if you laugh," sabi ko at umupo na sa swivel chair.

"There's nothing funny miss Vaccarelli," it was Lovisa, my assistant before but is now the resort manager. "We actually find you two sweet and romantic."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa narinig, "Really?"

They all nodded and started sharing what they noticed. Anila, sa sobrang sweet daw namin ni Jarvis, nakaisip sila ng mga suhestiyon para sa papalapit na Valentine's day.

Iba ang nais ko ngunit dahil mukhang sabik sila na imungkahi ang kanilang mga suhestiyon, pinakinggan ko na lang at saka nagplano kami.

When we finished planning, I started asking them about their suggestions and complains regarding how things work here in the resort. I wanted to know their insights especially they're the ones who's working in here and have firsthand experiences in dealing things here.