Chapter Forty-One

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hey, what are you doing?" I ask.

"-I was sleeping." He replies.

"Meet me at the bar. I need to blow off some steam." I told him.

"-Oh shit. What happened?" He asks.

"Meet me at the bar and you'll find out." I told him.

"-Alright. Bye." He says and hangs up.

I start the car and drive out of the driveway. I speed to the bar and quickly order myself a drink.

Axel comes in and I tell him everything as soon as he gets settled.

"I just don't know what's wrong with her, man." I tell him taking a sip of my drink.

"Just give her time. She'll be back to herself." He tells me.

I scoff and shake my head, taking a sip of my drink once more. Thinking about my girlfriend. I love her but I'm not gonna be dealing with this snobby attitude of hers.

Emery

It's late. Not late late but it's 9pm. I felt bad for how I treated James this morning and decided to cook his favorite dish. Enchiladas.

I don't know what happened. I don't know why I snapped. Probably because I knew what he was saying was the truth. I had let Richard's words get to me and I'm trying to change into a girl I thought James might want.

I cleaned up the glass from the floor. I need to apologize when he gets back. He didn't deserve that. I want to show him that I'm still the same Emery he fell in love with.

I had already ate and it tasted delicious. I already knew where he went. The bar must be his favorite place to go after things get heated between us.

I change into my cupcake pajamas. Don't judge me, they're comfortable. I sit on the bed and watched some Netflix to entertain myself.

I hear the front door close and I immediately grab an Advil and a bottle of water just in case he's drunk.

He walks in the room and looks at me. He's mad at me, I know. I get up and walk to him, handing him the pill and the water.

"I'm not drunk." He says and I nod.

"I um... I cooked enchiladas for dinner tonight. I know they're your favorite." I say trying to ease some of the tension in the air.

"That's nice." He says, his back to me.

"James, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry about what happened this afternoon. I don't know what came over me." I soon say.

"Me neither, Emery." He turns around. "That's not you. Why would you do something like that?"

"I thought that you would probably like me more for it. I didn't mean to." I said.

"Yes you did. You meant to act snobby and bratty on purpose. Just like Violet. That's why I ended that stupid arranged marriage in the first place." He says and I gasp.

"No, James. I didn't mean to make to feel bad. I promise." I said.

"I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. I saw your kind heart, your kind spirit. That's why I fell in love with you. Now you're just cold." He tells me.

"I know." I said quietly.

"Do you?" He asks and I nod.

"Emery, I'm tired. I'm going to bed." He grumbles.

"But I cooked for you." I said.

"I'll eat it, only because I like enchiladas but I'm still very disappointed in you." He says and I nod. He disappears downstairs.

I sit on the bed and just reflect on my behavior. He was right. I am acting snobby. Just like his ex wife. The last thing I want him to do is leave me. I'm done trying to be something I'm not.

James loves me for me and it's time I love me for me too. After a couple of minutes, James comes back in. He looks at me for a bit, then goes into the closet.

He comes back out with no shirt on and sweats. He lays down beside me. I look down at him.

I lay down after a little bit and place my forehead on his shoulder. I knew he was mad at me, which is why he didn't hold me. I kiss his shoulder and turn around, our backs facing each other.

I hate going to bed with James mad at me. It makes me feel bad especially because I deserve it.

"I love you." I whisper to him, hoping he'll reply.

It was quiet. He didn't say it back. I feel tears in my eyes. Please don't cry. Don't cry.

"I love you too, Emery." He finally says back and I smile.

He may still be mad at me but at least I now know his love for me will never go away.

**************
How do you feel about Emery's behavior? Do you think James has a right to be upset?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x