Messenger| Merry X Reader *Request!*

lotrmxisyy requested a Merry X Reader one-shot!  Thank you for requesting!  It helps me update faster, because I have more motivation!

"Y/n this is Meriadoc Brandybuck," Frodo introduces you to the brown haired hobbit, as if you don't know everyone in the Fellowship of The Ring. 

"Hello Master Brandybuck," you say, bowing your head. 

"And this is Peregrin Took," this time Frodo introduces the blond. 

"Master Took," you say with another bow of the head. 

"Who have you brought us?" Meriadoc asks. 

"This is Y/n L/n child of F/n (Fathers name)." 

"And what is Y/n doing here?" 

"I am here on business of the King," you say. 

"The King?" questions Peregrin. 

"Yes, King Elessar." 

"Oh! You mean Strider!" 

You look at Frodo, who nods. 

 "Yes." 

"And what are you doing for Strider?" 

"I am to announce that a king has returned to Gondor, and to see how the people of Shire react to the news." 

"How long will you be staying?" Meriadoc asks. 

"For as long as needed." 

"Will you be needing a place to stay?" Meriadoc questions. 

"No, I will be camping outside the gates." 

"We cannot have that!" announces Frodo, with agreements from Meriadoc and Peregrin. 

"No, I am perfectly fine. It will not be the first time, and it will certainly not be the last." 

"Why have you slept outside?" asks Peregrin. 

"I am more than a messenger of the King." 

"Just because you are not a stranger to sleeping outside does not mean that you should have to," Meriadoc argues. 

"I will not impose," you argue right back. 

"You will stay with me!" 

"No!" 

"Yes!" 

"No!" 

"Yes!"

"I will not!" 

"Yes, you will!" 

"Y/n you will or I will have to tell the King," Frodo interrupts. 

"You would not!" 

"I won't if you go with Merry here." 

You scowl and curse in your mother language, "Stupid Hobbits. Why did I agree to this? If only I had stayed in Rohan, instead of meeting up with Legolas and going to Rivendell and meeting Aragorn, none of this would have happened!  But noooo, I had to be a good friend that meets up with their friend! And the the hobbit who offered had to be attractive!  Stupid hobbits and their manners and attractiveness!" 

"What did Y/n say, Frodo?" Meriadoc asks.   

"Nothing, my friend," Frodo says with a smirk. 

"I am going to announce the King's return then wait for a day to see the people of Shire's reactions," you say reverting back to the common tongue.