Expectations| Harry X Reader

"Mr Filch, please escort Miss Parkinson and the rest of the Slytherin house to the dungeons," McGonagall orders.

"How dare you!" you exclaim stepping forwards.

"Y/n, don't," Blaise cautions, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"No," you say shrugging off Blaise's hand. "The rest of the houses treat us unfairly because we were sorted into Slytherin and the rest of Hogwarts assumes that we wouldn't want to fight. Why is that? Because our parents, our family, our friends made horrible decisions and now you're taking them out on us."

"L/n-" McGonagall warns.

"Don't interrupt me," you say, staring down the older women.  "If you're all so good, then why are you assuming that we're going to be evil?  Don't deny it, we all know it's true.  You bully us because of the house we were sorted in, because You-Know-Who was in Slytherin.  But you know what?  There are good people in Slytherin, like Merlin.  And Regulus Black who died trying to help defeat You-Know-Who!  So sure, there were awful people in Slytherin, but it's not like we're the only bad house!  Sirius Black was accused of murder!  Yeah sure, the charges were dismissed but they then fell on another Gryffindor.  Gryffindor is supposed to be the good house but instead there they are giving their friends up for their own lives!"  you pause, taking a few short breaths before continuing, "let's not forget the fact that first years cry when they get sorted into 'the bad house'.  The people that they befriended on the train no longer want to hang out with them because they're supposedly evil!  Do you know how much it hurts to watch younger kids get turned away because of the color on their robes?  We all felt that first hand.  We know that you hate us for what we can't control.  Sure we discriminated against muggle-borns but, we were raised to act that way, and if we didn't, you don't know the pain of the curses, you've never seen your family disgrace a member because they weren't anti-muggles!  So stop judging us!  You don't know us!  We want to fight!  Hogwarts is more of a home than where our blood is!  It is our families that you're ruining!  It's our parents, siblings, friends, cousins, aunts, uncles!"

"Thank you L/n for that moving speech, do you want us to have biscuits and tea next week?" Weasley asks.

"I'll have you know, Weasley, that my mother fought in the order.  She was a secret agent, and guess what house she was in?" you fake gasp, "Slytherin!  She fought against her family and with someone that was way more important to her, her best friend."

"Oh yeah and who's that?" the female Weasley asks this time.

"I think you might know her quite well, after all she was you boyfriend's mother.  Yeah, that's right a Slytherin was best friends with a muggle-born Gryffindor!"

There were a few gasps.

"Now, McGonagall, will you let us fight?  Or will we have to sneak back to fight?"

"I suppose, if you were to fight we could not stop you."

"Glad you can see reason."

"If you turn on us, we will not hesitate to hurt you as well," Granger states.

You let a cocky smile run along your face, "You can try."

"Pansy, get the younger kids to safety," you command.  "Anyone who doesn't want to fight is free to go with Pansy!"

The girl nods and leads the younger kids out the door, with some of the other houses following.

"Wait, Parkinson!  Go to the Room of Requirement, there's a passage that leads to Hogsmeade," a Ravenclaw yells.

"I'll come with," says a Hufflepuff, "that way it's easier to protect that many kids."

"Good idea," says another Slytherin, "I'll help too."