Song| Luke X Reader

Ever since you joined the band, Sunset Curve, you had a crush on the lead singer, Luke.  But the said person doesn't pay any attention to you, so you tried to ignore your growing crush.

Then you died, and came back as a ghost with the rest of the band, which didn't help the crush.

Now you were watching a girl preform as you waited for Julie to get her chance to play.

"Man I miss High School," says Reggie, your best friend, watching the group of girls perform.

You roll your eyes, "I mean I think we could do better."

"Really?" asks Alex.

"Well maybe not Reggie and Luke, but you and I, Alex, we could rule the stage!"

"Hey!" exclaims Reggie.

You look at Luke expecting an answer but instead find him looking at Julie, you scowl.

Instead of 'Wow', Dirty Candy will be performing, 'All Eyes on Me' because it's easier to dance to as someone who doesn't know the moves.

You watched for a few seconds before teleporting into the middle of the circle of girls.

You're doing what Alex did in the video, except there is no stopping to talk to the others.

"Was that fun?" Alex asks as you reappear next to him and Reggie.

"Yeah," you sigh, you had loved dancing and you had taken lessons but then you died and haven't had another chance to dance.

The principal goes into the middle of the gym and talks.

"Are you sure you miss High School?" you mutter to Reggie.

Reggie laughs, "I guess not."

"Shh," Luke says, slightly glaring at the two of you, before gesturing to Julie.

You narrow your eyes before muttering to Reggie and Alex, "He seems a bit into the strange girl."

"Strange," Alex chuckles, "I don't think we can call anyone strange, we're ghosts."

"Right, besides," Reggie adds, "you're just jealous!"

"I am not!"

Julie sits at the piano and Luke says, "You got this!"

You scowl again, but now Julie starts to play and you realize that it's your song!

The boys appear on the stage and start playing and you join them, appearing next to Reggie.

You usually at least have one duet with Luke, but Julie took your place and instead you sung with Reggie and Alex.  But the living people of Julie's school could see you, at least until you finished singing.  

"Yeah, they can't see us!" Reggie announces after moving his butt in a person's face.

"I wish I couldn't see you," Alex mutters.

You smile looking at the boy's antics before turning to Luke, "That was my song."

"I'm sorry?" Luke questions.

"I wrote that song, and you gave it to her!" you say with venom dripping off your words while pointing at Julie.  

You poof away.

"What was that about?" Luke asks Alex and Reggie.  

"You seriously gave Y/n's song to Julie?" Alex asks.

"What's the big deal?"

"Are you serious?" Reggie asks.  "Y/n worked really hard to make that song perfect and then you go and give it to someone else, expecting it to be okay?"

"I thought Y/n wouldn't mind!  Besides, it's not like Y/n didn't sing the song!"

"You gave Y/n's song to a girl we barely know!"

"That song was meant for you to sing with Y/n!" Alex adds.

"How do you know?" Luke asks.

"Because, while you were spending time with your new friend, Y/n was left talking to us about the things she would usually tell you, so thanks a lot, Luke," Reggie says.  

"Now we're going to go comfort our friend," Alex says before he and Reggie poof out.

"What is going on?" Luke asks himself.

At the beach...

"Where could Y/n be?" Alex asks Reggie.

"This is Y/n's comfort place, if Y/n was anywhere it would be here," Reggie responds.

"I'm here," you say from where you're sitting on a rock, gazing at the water.

"Y/n, we are so sorry!" Alex says.

"For what?  You guys didn't give my song away to a girl we barely know."

"Yeah, but we also didn't realize how important that song was for you," Reggie says.

"Please don't tell me-"

"Yeah, we might have let it slip that you intended the song for you and Luke to sing together," Alex says.

You groan, shoving your face into your hands.

"It's not as bad as you think!" Reggie announces.

"Yeah?  How is it not as bad?  Luke isn't an idiot!  He'll realize that I have a crush on him!"

"Well, I didn't think that before," says Luke.

You spin around so fast that your neck popped.

You groan, "This is all your fault!"

"How is it our fault?" Alex and Reggie ask.

In response, you just poof away.

"Where is Y/n going now?" Reggie asks.

"Speaking of, how did you know that Y/n would be here?" Alex asks.

"Y/n might have mentioned once."

"You knew because Y/n might have only mentioned it once, but you weren't meant to hear that."

Pink flares on Luke's cheeks.

"You know everything about Y/n," Reggie gasps.

"That's not true!" Luke protests.

"Really?  What is Y/n's favorite color?"

"F/c," Luke says without hesitation.

"It is true!" Alex exclaims, victoriously.

"Because you have a crush on Y/n!"

"I do, but Y/n must never know."

"Too late," you say.

"Where did you come from?" Alex gasps.

"I never really left," you shrug, "I just hid behind that bush."

"Well I think it's time for you two to talk," Reggie says with a wink.

Alex and Reggie blink away.

"So, we both have a crush on the other," says Luke.

"Yep.  What are we going to do about it?"

"Well since we're ghosts do you want to see a movie?"

"For free?"

"Of course, they'll never know we're there."

"I like the way you think Patterson."