Coming out | Lily Chen X F! Reader

I glance around the room, noticing that all the others were way too involved with their significant others to notice if I were to disappear.  So, I slip out the door, and go down the elevator, to exit the Institute.

As I approach the Hotel Dumort, a smile starts to appear on my face, knowing who I'm going to see.

The Vampires, now used to my presence, don't bother to look up from whatever they were doing, that is if they weren't just waking up.

Elliot waves as I pass, and points upstairs, with a smile on his face.

I nod my thanks, and follow Elliot's directions.

"You're late," a voice calls.

"Sorry," I smirk.

"No you're not."

"I'm not," I agree.  "What do you want to do tonight?"

"What about dinner?" Lily's dark hair shines under the light.

"Dinner it is."

***

I was sitting on one of the couches, when the bell rang that signaled someone had entered the Sanctuary of the Institute.  So I quickly rush to the area, not expecting to see my girlfriend covered in blood.

"Y/n," Lily says.

"Lily?  What's wrong?  Are you okay?"

"I have blood all over my body, does it look like I'm okay?"

"Fair point."

"Lily?" asks Alec, obviously also having heard the bell.

"Yes, Alec?"

"Why are you covered in blood?"

"For fun," Lily flashes her fangs.

"Oh," Alec nods his head, before shaking it, "wait what?"

"What really is the problem?"

"One of our newest members has gone on a blood lust."

"How can we help?" I hurriedly ask.

"I need you to make sure, if we fail to stop him, that the fledgling won't hurt anyone else."

"But what about you?"

"Me?"

"How can we help you right now?"

Lily considers, "Maybe having a Shadowhunter wouldn't be a terrible idea."

"I'll get ready," Alec says, and I frown before forcing a nod.

"No," Lily shakes her head, "I want her."

I stare at the finger pointed at my chest with surprise, Lily was being very forward, even for her.

"Y/n?  Is this okay with you?"

"Yeah," I swallow, "I'll be ready in a couple minutes.  Do you want to wait here or should I go to Hotel Dumort?"

"I'll wait here," Lily smiles, allowing me to see her fangs.

I nod, before exiting the room, heading towards the weapons room.

"Y/n?"

"Yes, Alec?"