Cowgirl| Jason X F!Reader AU

You're Percy's sister and what Annabeth is wearing in that picture is what you're wearing.

*****

"Well?" I question my brother, Percy.

"Blackjack here beat 'em 'round the track per usual," Percy answers grinning at the all black horse.

"How much?"

"Not much, nobody bets against us."

"Knowing our record I wouldn't either."

"Think we'll have to move on to a different town?"

I smirk, "Nah! But might as well get the team together for my plan."

"I like that smirk of yours."

"Ya should, I'm a genius."

*******

"So what do ya'll think?" I question looking around at my crew.

There was Thalia, Nico, Hazel, Bianca, Will, Piper, Frank, Annabeth, Percy, and Reyna (Tyson was standing guard outside).

"Well ya'll know how much I love ya but I be willing to bet they put you against the toughest out there 'cause ya a girl," says Thalia. "And do ya think ya'll be able to beat 'em?"

"You've never seen my sister ride have you?" asks Percy.

"Nah, don't see much of nobody racing 'round my parts," says Will.

"Nobody over in our parts either," says Nico gesturing at Hazel and Bianca who nod along in agreement.

"Nah," says Frank. "We get plenty of people just nobody worth remembering."

"Please," scoffs Piper. "If you've never seen Y/n ride well then you be livin' under a rock."

"Aw Pipes you're making me blush!" I say hitting her shoulder, lightly, with my own.

"What about the Dust breaker?" asks Annabeth my brothers girlfriend.

"Yeah what about 'im?" asks Reyna.

"He's actually a her," says Percy.

"She's actually me," I say looking at the surprised faces of my friends.

"Dammmmmmm," says Reyna.

"Now ya'll in or out?"

They all look at each other than at me.

"We're in."

T I M E S K I P

"Howdy folks for today's race we got," the announcer starts listing off names until, "Y/n Jackson riding Blackjack and Jason Grace riding Tempest. Here that ya'll we got a girl racing!" The stands burst into laughter.

I scowl.

"I promise to go easy on ya," says one of the other racers.

I smile at them with a practiced fake smile.

"Good luck," says a blond cowboy riding up to the starting point.

I smile for real at the boy. He didn't say, 'you'll need it' or, 'you're way outta your league' no he knew you were good.

"Now ya'll better have put your money in 'cause the race starts...... now!"

I nude Blackjack's side with the heel of my boot and he races forward at a gallop.

I lean forward and rise a little off Blackjack's back, since I ride bareback.

As I approach the finish line the blond boy, who said good luck to me earlier, inches up gaining on me.

The boy is trying to kick me out of first!

Having none of that, I nude Blackjack once more and I pull ahead and into the finish line.

"Folks I guess we got a winner! Y/n Jackson riding Blackjack! A female! Can you believe it?"

There were boos from the crowd since most of them bet against me.

I ride up to the blond boy and say, "I guess your good luck worked."

He smiles at me, "Yeah. I'm Jason Grace."

"You're good."

"Yeah?"

"Definitely. If you want I can introduce you to some great riders and you could join our crew."

"Only if you let Leo Valdez join as well."

"You mean 'The Flame'?"

"You heard of him?"

"Hard not to. He's pretty famous 'round here."

"So can he join?"

"Well we'll have to schedule a meeting but most likely you both can join," I say turning Blackjack around. I turn around on Blackjacks back and wink at Jason, "See ya later cowboy."