Chapter 64

"Your Highnesses?!" Yan Zhi was surprised to see Bai Qian enter the hall of the Grand Zi Ming Palace, and behind Bai Qian followed Ye Hua, who wore an expression of mild interest as he surveyed the decor of the hall, and Bai Qian wore a relaxed smile as she gave Yan Zhi a hug, "How are you, my dear Ghost Queen?" "Oh, please, call me Yan Zhi." Yan Zhi was humble as always, and she waved a single hand as she called for the servants, "Bring some refreshments for the Crown Prince and Crown Princess."

"We won't be staying long, Yan Zhi." Ye Hua put a hand to stop the young Queen, "The environment of the Ghost Realm is detrimental for Celestials if we remain in it for too long, after all." "Oh! Oh, I forgot about that. Oh yes, especially since now her Highness is pregnant." Yan Zhi nodded understandingly, and Bai Qian gave her a smile, "There will be time for an informal visit another day. For now, we're just here to settle some issues."

"Firstly, congratulations on the title of Ghost Queen." Bai Qian smiled warmly, and Yan Zhi returned her a smile as well, "I heard about how you fought for me to keep the rights to the Ghost Tribe. Thank you for fulfilling my brother's wish." "Not just that. She'll also be your mentor should you need help in any aspect of ruling the realm." Ye Hua added, much to Yan Zhi's delight, but even as Yan Zhi nodded in gratitude, Bai Qian gave an awkward cough, "But there's one more thing..." "Do say." Yan Zhi urged the Crown Princess to continue, and with some hesitation, Bai Qian gave Yan Zhi an apologetic glance, "I'm afraid I cannot make the pill just yet."

"Why?" Yan Zhi had not intended to be rude, but the word slipped from her mouth before she could come to her senses and ask politely, but Bai Qian didn't seem to mind the lack of etiquette. In fact, if anything, Bai Qian herself turned a shade of red slightly darker than before, and Ye Hua decided to answer on his wife's behalf, "I made her promise to do it only after half a year more, because she'll be more stable then, and the chances of miscarriages are much lower."

"Oh! Oh, of course." Yan Zhi felt even more guilty for having asked so rudely, "Yes, of course, her Highness's safety should come first, after all, for she is carrying an descendant of the Celestial Tribe and Qing Qiu." "Indeed. If there's nothing else, we'll make a move first." Ye Hua nodded his head curtly, and Yan Zhi felt slightly envious at the way Ye Hua guarded Bai Qian so fiercely, "One last thing; much of our tribe feels that an alliance should be formed once more. It is also in my wish to extend a hand to the Celestials for an alliance. Is it possible?"

"An alliance is what we seek as well, and when we take the throne of Heavenly Lord and Heavenly Lady, it is in our wish for the Celestials and the Ghost people to be able to put down all past grudges and live in harmony." Bai Qian smiled at Yan Zhi, who nodded emphatically, "That will be for the best. Thank you, your Highnesses."

"With that, we'll take our leave." Ye Hua gestured slightly with his chin, and Yan Zhi understood that he wanted to bring Bai Qian away from the impurities of the Ghost Realm and the Grand Zi Ming Palace. "Alright then. Yan Zhi bids the Crown Prince and Crown Princess goodbye." Yan Zhi sank into a bow, and with a nod, Ye Hua gripped his wife's elbow gently, and with a quick leap, the both of them vanished into a cloud of white mist.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Ye Hua..." Bai Qian sat on a cushion as she watched her husband pick up another scroll of documents, "I just remembered..." "Yes, Qian Qian?" He glanced up briefly, his head tilted in curiosity, and Bai Qian gave her husband a sheepish smile, "I think I owe you something." "Such as?" Ye Hua's lips quirked as he wondered what his wife might possibly owe him, and Bai Qian fiddled with his cup of tea, "Well...I did get drunk on your birthday..."

"Oh. That?" Ye Hua chuckled, having thought that she was talking about something trivial, and Bai Qian nodded seriously, "I figured that I probably owe you something, since I didn't get to celebrate your birthday with you." "It's alright, Qian Qian. You don't owe me anything." Ye Hua smiled warmly at her, but not to his surprise, Bai Qian shook her head persistently, "No, Ye Hua. I insist on it." "Very well then, Qian Qian. If I said that I'd like to see you dance, would you do it?" Ye Hua teased, knowing very well that Bai Qian was not the best at dancing, and Bai Qian's smile faded, "Now?"