Chapter 10

"Mi Gu, let me test you. Where did I put Mo Yuan's body?"

Mi Gu gave a frown. Since when did Bai Qian address Mo Yuan as Mo Yuan and not Shifu? Furthermore, hadn't she given the order no one was to speak of this topic? Why would she ask him that?

"Gugu, are you okay?"

"Mi Gu, answer me!" Bai Qian barked, and Mi Gu jumped back in fright. In her hand glowed a tiny ball of fire, and he feared the fire the most, owing to the fact he was a tree spirit.

"T-the g-g-grotto b-beside the l-lake..." Mi Gu stammered in reply, and Bai Qian smirked at him, before leaving Mi Gu behind and heading in the direction of the grotto.

The moment she was out of sight, Xuan Nü changed her appearance back from Bai Qian's to her own. "That Tree Spirit...dumb for ages..." Xuan Nü snorted, glancing at the rock wall that concealed the entrance to the grotto, and with just a wave of her hand, the illusion was broken, and the entrance of the grotto was instantly revealed, mist floating out from the hidden space as Xuan Nü quickly rushed in.

It was too easy. Mo Yuan's body laid unguarded atop the raised platform, surrounded only with mist, and with a grin, Xuan Nü kept away Mo Yuan's body with her powers, before she exited the grotto, resealing the entrance again, before cloud-leaping back toward her Ghost Realm.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Aiyoh!"

Feng Jiu rolled a few paces, bruises threatening to form on her flawless skin as she whined at the figure in the sky in pain, "Bi Fang, you didn't have to throw me down so hard!"

There was barely a reply as Bai Zhen's mount flew off toward the woods, and Feng Jiu made a mental note not to trust Bi Fang, Bai Zhen's Bi Yi Niao, ever again. "That bird and his attitude..." Feng Jiu grumbled, dusting her skirt, "I don't even understand why Fourth Uncle still keeps him, other than his glamourous feathers and quick as lightning flying speed."

It was barely morning, with the sun casting half of its golden rays across the land, the light reaching before the warmth, and Feng Jiu gave a small sneeze, before picking herself up, walking toward the den in absolutely no hurry at all.

Her father was back, and since her aunt was entertaining the Crown Prince, she most certainly would have her ears yanked by her father. Absently, Feng Jiu walked toward the grotto unknowingly as she planned an escape, and by the time she finally realised where she was, a figure dressed in light blue swished her sleeve by the entrance of the grotto, and disappeared off quickly into the clouds.

"Gugu?" Feng Jiu squinted after the figure, but the weak beams of sunlight were unable to pierce through the misty morning clouds of Qing Qiu, and frowning, Feng Jiu decided to check on the grotto.

Waving her hand, Feng Jiu almost stepped in, when she heard Mi Gu call her from afar, "Little Highness! Is Gugu inside?" "Gugu? I don't know, I just saw someone like her cloud-leap away!" Feng Jiu glanced quickly at the same old place where Mo Yuan's body usually laid, but to her horror, the body was missing.

"High God Mo Yuan's body is gone! Mi Gu!" Feng Jiu flew down the steps of the grotto at once, running toward the fox den, and filled with confusion and worry, Mi Gu followed after her, wondering what could've possibly happened.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Qian Qian..."

The sunlight barely shone into her room, and Ye Hua's black silhouette blocked most of the rest as well. Flicking her wrist, Bai Qian lit up the candles in her room, and she glared sleepily at him, "First your son, now you. Can't I sleep in peace?"

She was still keeping up the act of being angry with Ye Hua, but to be honest, she hardly remembered any of her anger from the previous day. Everything had slowly faded after time, and now, she wasn't really angry, but cranky that her sleep had been disrupted twice.

"I brought you some of Zhe Yan's peaches." Ye Hua held out a small basket, and Bai Qian grudgingly let him off the hook, "Next time, I wouldn't mind if you came one hour later to wake me. At least give me more time to rest..." But her teeth hardly sank into the peach when Feng Jiu suddenly came flying into her room like a tornado, and Bai Qian was alert, seeing as how Feng Jiu's arm was slightly bruised, yet Feng Jiu seemed more urgent to tell her something rather than whine about the bruise that most likely had been left behind by Bi Fang.

"Gugu!" Feng Jiu totally neglected the fact that the Crown Prince was there, "Did you enter the grotto today???" "Silly niece, I just woke up, how could I have...?" Bai Qian watched as Mi Gu came running in as well, panic etched on his face, "But someone dressed like Gugu came to ask me where the body of your Shifu was, and...and I told her about the grotto!"

"And the body is gone! I saw the deity ride on the clouds and disappear!" Feng Jiu cried, putting together her story with Mi Gu's and Bai Qian was no longer sleepy as she rose to her full height, "So the imposter took Shifu's body? And she looked like me?" "Her face was identical, Gugu! And she said she was testing me on where the body was..." Mi Gu looked absolutely guilty, and Bai Qian cursed, "Seems like the Ghost Lord couldn't keep his mouth shut, then! Now that his wife knows, she must've used the enchantments that Zhe Yan had previously given her to steal Shifu's body!"

Ye Hua had never really seen Bai Qian in quite a rage, and he was rather shocked to see her light turquoise aura flare as she pushed past Mi Gu and Feng Jiu, storming out of her room and toward who knew where. "Crown Prince..." Feng Jiu began, but Ye Hua had already begun to run after her, and Feng Jiu closed her mouth, knowing it was useless to say anything now.

"What do we do?" Mi Gu wrung his hands anxiously, but Feng Jiu only shook her head and told him helplessly, "We wait."

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

A/N: Hi guys! Next up will be the scene from Episode 37 that I love: where Bai Qian confronts Xuan ! But!!! I will tweak the scene a little nyehehehe...so please look out for the chapter! It'll be out soon! Thank you!