Chapter 68

"Qian Qian...you shouldn't be lazing that much."

One and a half years had passed quickly, and in the blink of an eye, Bai Qian was due any time soon, according to Zhe Yan's prediction. Whether or not the child would be delivered slightly earlier or slightly later depended on fate, Zhe Yan had spoken casually, but it also depended on Bai Qian. Apparently, if Bai Qian did some walking every now and then, it would aid her in better delivery, but when Zhe Yan had said that, Bai Qian didn't take it to heart, and of course, did not do as she was told.

Despite Ye Hua's endless repetition of Zhe Yan's words, Bai Qian still lazed away on her bed, and Feng Jiu was no better as she joined her aunt in reading yet another mortal play. "I'm alright, Ye Hua. I don't feel like walking." Bai Qian glanced at her husband over the top of the scroll, but Ye Hua merely shook his head, "I already pushed back two meetings, Qian Qian. Accompany me for a walk?" "Well..." Bai Qian hesitated, her mortal play script wavering in her hand, but before she could answer, Feng Jiu had already nudged her forward, "Gugu, you should go for a walk with Gufu. After all, the old phoenix did say that you need to do some walking."

"Just a short while, Qian Qian." Ye Hua reached forward, as though to help her up, and with a resigned sigh, Bai Qian let him pull herself up, and even as Ye Hua gently wrapped an arm around the back of her waist, Bai Qian muttered under her breath by his ear in a volume that only he could hear, "Why do we have to do this?" "Because, High God Zhe Yan already said: you have to be more active, Qian Qian." Ye Hua wore a slight smile as he escorted his wife out of Chang Sheng Hall, and Tian Shu shot Jia Yun a glare as the civil assistant was about to catch up with them, "Don't. His Highness only just managed to coax her highness to go for a walk. If you go over with those documents, her Highness will most certainly weasel away from another walk, and I don't promise your head on your neck after that."

"I do miss Riceball, Ye Hua." Bai Qian walked by the lotus ponds slowly, one hand holding her abdomen and the other held by Ye Hua, and a frown flickered over the Crown Prince's features briefly, before Ye Hua nodded, "Da Ge has written to say that Riceball is doing very well, however. Only last week did he already manage to recite a complete mantra from memory." "Did he? I don't remember that..." Bai Qian furrowed her eyebrows, and Ye Hua restrained himself from laughing, "Because you were sleeping, Qian Qian. I was reading it to you, but you fell asleep almost at once."

"I fell asleep? Then why didn't you let me read it later?" Bai Qian questioned indignantly, but Ye Hua merely shook his head, "You put it aside when Xiao Jiu brought you more mortal play scripts." "Did I?" Bai Qian mumbled, her cheeks turning pink as she recalled putting aside a scroll of parchment and Feng Jiu walking in with several bamboo scrolls in hand, and Ye Hua decided to change the topic.

"The peach trees I planted have begun to blossom again. But it's unfortunate that the peaches are nothing like what High God Zhe Yan's." The Crown Prince sighed, and Bai Qian understood that he was saving her from a round of self-blaming. Shoving the thoughts of the previous topic to the back of her mind, Bai Qian wrapped her hands around Ye Hua's arm encouragingly, "Don't worry about them. Give it a few more years, and they will grow better." "Indeed." Ye Hua smiled, "Time always makes things better, doesn't it?"

"These lotus ponds are beautiful. Pity that they lead to the Zhu Xian Terrace, however." Bai Qian ran her fingers over the railings made from stone, brushing her fingers over the rough surface of the handholds, and Ye Hua's smile faded, "I'm so sorry, Qian Qian. I forgot that this path around the ponds leads to the Zhu Xian Terrace as well." "It doesn't matter. I got my eyes back, and Su Jin got her punishment." Bai Qian reassured him almost at once, but her tone was cold and indifferent, and Ye Hua glanced over at her carefully, "Qian Qian...are you mad at me?"