Chapter 18

A/N: Okayyyyyyyy so since more of y'all want option 2 first, here you go :D

Bai Qian watched A-Li practice his sword skills lazily upon the tree, and Bai Zhen made a few tutting sounds, "You're not even guiding him." To which Bai Qian replied, "Not that I don't want to, but I must say, Ye Hua's swordsmanship is arguably one of the best in the Celestials, judging from how they claimed they gave Riceball an excellent teacher."

"So teach him the fighting style of Qing Qiu, then. He is, after all, a fox kit, isn't he?" Bai Zhen leapt from his branch to another, and Bai Qian observed her son a little further, remaining silent. There were no signs that A-Li was a dragon or a fox, so it was hard to say if he was a fox after all. 

But Bai Qian did have a question. It was rumoured that the last of the Dragon Clan was the Father God, and the only son of the Father God was her Shifu, Mo Yuan. So how had Ye Hua ended up as a black dragon? There must be a reason behind why Ye Hua had a dragon form and a face identical to Mo Yuan's.

"Riceball, stop there." Bai Qian finally descended from the tree, and A-Li looked at her with confusion, "Mother, what did I do wrong?" "In the first place," Bai Qian sighed, remembering all of her lessons with Mo Yuan, "Your grip is wrong, Riceball. Don't grab the handle so tightly. That would be like strangling your sword's neck. Hold it looser, but with just enough allowance that you may swing it lightly but not lose your grip on it." 

Demonstrating, Bai Qian summoned her Jade Purity Fan of Kun Lun, and it appeared in its sword form, gleaming under the gentle moonlight. She held it naturally, swinging it a few times to demonstrate her point, and when she was done, A-Li clapped excitedly, and she nodded at him, "Try it, Riceball."

A-Li picked up his sword at once, and Bai Qian resumed lounging on her tree, observing A-Li again. 

"You two sure are bored." Zhe Yan finally remarked, having watched them observe A-Li train, and Bai Qian sighed, "I did promise Ye Hua's family that A-Li would get some studies here. At least teaching him his sword skills would be fulfilling the promise in some way." "Funny, I imagined you more like bringing A-Li and causing trouble." Zhe Yan joked, and Bai Qian's eyes gleamed monetarily, before she smiled, "That'd be Xiao Jiu."

"Should you not be checking on Ye Hua?" Bai Zhen reminded, and Bai Qian shook her head, "I can't bear the light at all. Besides, Senior Brother is in there as well. They could've taken turns in watching the lamp." "Xiao Wu, he really loves you, doesn't he? Guarding the lamp once to create a copy of you, and guarding it for the second time to help awaken your master?" Zhe Yan spoke seriously, and Bai Qian didn't reply.

Honestly, she was sure she'd seen a little bit of sadness in Ye Hua's eyes when she'd shared with him that she had fed Mo Yuan 70000 years worth of blood straight from her heart. Had he been jealous? And if he was, why didn't he ask her? Why was he always silently sacrificing himself? Even if it meant that his efforts might not have been seen?

"He does." Bai Qian nodded at last, and Bai Zhen quirked his eyebrows. Bai Qian was always the thickheaded one of the family when it came to love, almost immune and blind to it, because it was so common to her, being the youngest and only daughter of Bai Zhi. For her to finally realise his love for her, how much had that Crown Prince given? Or, given up? 

"The sun has set, Xiao Wu, and the moon will follow soon. When the sun rises again, Mo Yuan should wake. Are you ready to face your Senior Brothers and Shifu again? Or will you choose not to show up?" Zhe Yan asked, and Bai Qian smiled sadly. Could she? She had lied to them for years. She had drugged them in order to sneak Mo Yuan away. Her First Senior Brother was always the most forgiving, but could the rest accept her?