Chapter 33

A/N: Some touches on a little bit of *ahem* romance that aren't really meant for children, so...reader discretion advised for those under 13 I guess...? Eeeeeeeeek it's not matured I swear just a little romance, okay?

The gentle light of the sun filtered into the room through the partially translucent doors, and even as Ye Hua's eyes gradually opened and adjusted to the natural light, he smiled, realising that for the very first time ever since Bai Qian became her immortal identity, she slept facing him, her face illuminated with a serene beauty.

But even as his eyes slowly pulled away from her cherry lips, sweeping down the rest of her as he resisted the temptation to wake her, his black eyes dilated at sight of her chest heaving gently, the collar of her dressing gown slowly falling away with each breath of hers, and a slight growl escaped his throat as his eyes momentarily flashed a light blue, almost losing control of himself.

Control yourself, Ye Hua. He scolded himself, yet unable to pull away from her extremely revealing cleavage, and just as he bent closer, almost about to kiss her, Bai Qian suddenly made a soft noise of sleepiness, and Ye Hua drew away, watching her eyelids flutter slightly, before her eyes moved around under them, showing her struggle to wake up, as always. The fact that Bai Qian loved to sleep would never change.

"Qian Qian."

His lips brushed against her eyelids as he breathed lightly, his arms now wrapping around her waist, and Bai Qian managed to peel one eyelid open, the other squeezing shut as her eye roamed around Ye Hua's face, adjusting to the light before she opened the other, and she greeted him with a sleepy smile, "Husband."

It came out soft and slightly roughened by sleepiness, with her voice lilting as ever, and Ye Hua felt his heart suddenly swell at the single word of hers. Husband. When she'd called him that as Su Su, he felt that somewhere deep down, it still felt wrong. And that feeling...it was what had stopped him from being happy for the longest time in ever. It was a lock, a lock that bound him, until his shining key came along, freeing him. Bai Qian, with her love, had freed him from his misery, from his world of solitude.

Nothing felt wrong now. Even as Ye Hua smiled warmly, craning his neck down as she lifted her chin to meet his lips, he felt a sense of fulfillment that he had never felt before. "My Crown Princess." Ye Hua greeted in return, his eyes bright with energy, and Bai Qian smiled at him lovingly, before she snuggled closer to him, "I wish we could lay like this all day." "We can,-" Ye Hua's sentence was interrupted by a series of knocks on the doors, followed by Nai Nai's anxious voice, "Little Prince, I'm afraid you cannot enter. Their Highnesses are still asleep..."

"A-Li?" Bai Qian pulled away from Ye Hua at once, her hair a black waterfall as she gracefully clambered over him, swinging her legs off the bed and tugging her collar back together as she walked over to the doors quickly, before she pulled out the wooden block from the lock and opened the doors. "Mother!" A-Li ran straight into her, wrapping his arms around her knees, and Bai Qian blinked in surprise at her son's sudden enthusiasm, before she smiled at him, stroking his head, "Riceball, why have you come so early in the morning?"

"A-Li missed Mother." A-Li turned his piteous eyes to Bai Qian, and even as she couldn't resist herself, bending down to pick him up, Ye Hua appeared, and he took A-Li over with a stern expression, "What about me, A-Li?" "A-Li missed Father too." A-Li hugged his little arms around Ye Hua's neck, and even while Ye Hua smiled at A-Li, Bai Qian couldn't help but laugh, "Are you jealous?!"

"No." Ye Hua denied, although his eyes gave him away, and Bai Qian purposefully gave A-Li a kiss on the cheek, "Riceball, would you like to have breakfast here?" "N-" Ye Hua tried to protest, but Bai Qian had already smiled at Nai Nai, "Bring A-Li's food over. He shall dine with us."