Chapter 20

Bai Qian watched as Mo Yuan laughed with Zhe Yan, and she sighed, leaning into Ye Hua's chest. "Are we not leaving soon?" Ye Hua smiled warmly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, and Bai Qian bit her lip, "Do you think they'll be mad at me? When they find out I drugged all of them back then? And what would their reactions be, if they realise I'm a girl?"

"You could go disguised. We could just adjust your features again." Ye Hua suggested, but Bai Qian shook her head at once, "And be a man again? Ye Hua, it will never end. I'm bound to be exposed. Earlier is better than later. I'm just worried, that's all." "Da Ge will handle it, if it really does go out of control." Ye Hua reassured her, and Bai Qian smiled at him, "I'm glad for you. We've finally found your relations to Shifu, and you've finally found yourself an understanding sibling."

"Are you two going to continue your romance, or can we finally set off?" Zhe Yan teased, and Bai Qian shot him a glare, before she gave an affirmative nod, "Let's go."

Following closely behind Mo Yuan and Zhe Yan, Bai Qian watched as crowds of deities gathered by the foot of the Kun Lun Mountains. Die Feng and Zi Lan were right; the mist had most certainly increased eightfold since the last time she had toured the place, and Bai Qian couldn't help but admire the place she had spent 25000 years training in, recalling all the memories of the place.

That first time Zhe Yan brought her there, she had been amazed by the beauty. She remembered now, being childish over being ranked lower than Zi Lan, but cheering when she had received the fan from Mo Yuan as compensation. Had he already known, back then, that she was a girl? Had he really kept silent about her disguise, just because the fan chose her as its owner? She didn't know.

But there were the other memories made after she joined. There were the times she and Zi Lan were scolded by Die Feng for sneaking down to the Mortal Realm to perform divination for the mortals, and the times she had been berated for stealing food supplies out of the kitchens. And then of course, there were the times Ninth Brother was lenient enough to let her off the hook and help her, and the times that she was punished for her pranks. Good times indeed, they were...

"We would be better off with an invisibility shield." Zhe Yan commented, cutting Bai Qian's thoughts off, and Mo Yuan nodded in return, glancing briefly at Ye Hua and Bai Qian, before he waved his sleeve, and a bubble surrounded them at once. 

"Ready?" Mo Yuan spoke to Bai Qian directly, and everyone turned to face her, waiting for her response.

So she took a deep breath, 

Took one last look at the foot of the mountain,

And she nodded.

"Let's go."

And even as they left, a crowd of deities who had turned coincidentally began exclaiming and pointing at where they were, "High God Mo Yuan is back! High God Mo Yuan is back!" 

And among those were sentries of the Celestial Heavens, and silently, they left the crowd, quickly heading back to report their findings to the Heavenly Lord.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

The moment they arrived at the marble steps of the building, a bell was sounded. A deep cry of what sounded like the mountain roaring was heard as Mo Yuan stood still, waiting for his other fifteen disciples.

And there they were. Led by Die Feng, who had returned to gather all the disciples, the remaining fifteen all sank into a kowtow, and Mo Yuan smiled, "Rise."