Chapter 61

"Xiao Wu is fine. She is merely just overly exhausted, and overly aggravated. She needs to learn to calm down." Zhe Yan remarked amusedly as he began to retrieve certain herbs from the Medicine King's box, and Ye Hua broke into a small smile, "So she's fine?" "Generally, yes. Xiao Wu will be alright with some rest and soothing medicine. But if you want to scare the general, you may tell him, in that awfully solemn tone of yours, that the Crown Princess aggravated herself too much, and has to be bed-bound for a number of days."

"How did you-?" Ye Hua blinked at the High God, startled that Zhe Yan knew of how Bai Qian had come to be unconscious, but the High God merely broke into a grin, "Ye Hua, tents are only made from fabric. Everyone nearby heard the shouting match going on inside, you know." "Everyone heard her shouting?" Ye Hua recovered his composure, nonetheless still a little surprised, and Zhe Yan nodded, "I had to stop Xiao Jiu from entering. She was terrified to hear Xiao Wu shouting at the top of her voice."

"Where is Feng Jiu, anyway?" Ye Hua looked around, having been unable to locate the bubbly girl, and Zhe Yan gave a devious smile, before he answered, "Zhen Zhen took her away. That was quite some shock she received from the bell, as well as some damage to her primordial spirit. But she'll be fine; Dong Hua compensated her with some cultivation." "Di Jun?" Ye Hua repeated in surprise, "Why would he suddenly compensate Feng Jiu with cultivation? Why would he even need to compensate Feng Jiu?"

"Partially because he gave her a shock when he saved her from the bell." Zhe Yan shrugged, and Ye Hua relaxed a little, "Oh. But wasn't it also because Feng Jiu came close to death?" "Perhaps. Did you know that we only won the battle quickly because your brother convinced Dong Hua to join? That old rock...he came only for Feng Jiu at first. I daresay it was high time he got blood on Cang He, anyway, or that legendary sword would have turned into a kitchen knife." Zhe Yan laughed at his own joke, and Ye Hua smiled along, his mood better now that they had won the battle.

"You should check on Yan Zhi, however." Zhe Yan's expression took a turn for seriousness, and Ye Hua blinked, before the Crown Prince understood, "She just lost all her kin...of course..." "Not just that, Ye Hua. Now that the Ghost Tribe has once caused a rebellion, she doesn't know how to soothe her people, and pacify the Celestials all at once." Zhe Yan explained, and Ye Hua gave it some thought, before he spoke up again, "I'll talk to her."

"Or maybe you should let Xiao Wu do it. After all, they are both women." Zhe Yan gestured at Bai Qian, whose eyelids began to flutter slightly, and as if to prove his point, Zhe Yan prodded Bai Qian's arm, "I know you're up, Xiao Wu. You can sleep later." "Just let me sleep..." Bai Qian whined, raising an arm to cover her eyes, and Ye Hua gave a small chuckle, "Let her rest. I'll have her speak to Yan Zhi once she's feeling better." "See, Zhe Yan? Ye Hua is so much better than you..." Bai Qian muttered, turning on her side, and Zhe Yan rolled his eyes, "Yes, yes, your husband is the best. Now, get off this bed, I still have to tend to more soldiers."

And with a laugh, Ye Hua bent down, lifting Bai Qian into his arms, before he carried Bai Qian back into their tent and onto their bed.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Your Highness." Yan Zhi shuffled to a kowtow as she saw Bai Qian enter her tent, and Bai Qian's eyes widened as she instantly bent to grab Yan Zhi's arms, "Please, rise, Yan Zhi. There is no need for any formalities between you and I." "No...you are the Crown Princess...I must bow." Yan Zhi refused Bai Qian's grip, continuing to lower her head in a bow, and Bai Qian gave a sigh, before she put on a mock authoritative voice, "Very well then. I order you to treat me without formalities."

"Your Highness..." Yan Zhi began, but at Bai Qian's glare, the Ghost Princess hesitantly greeted her, "High Goddess Bai Qian..." "Or Bai Qian will do." Bai Qian added on, but Yan Zhi reluctantly rose from the kowtow, "High Goddess Bai Qian...why have you come?" "To check on you, Yan Zhi." Bai Qian sat down right beside Yan Zhi, much to the Ghost Princess's shock, and Yan Zhi was quick to kneel again, "Your Highness...please take the chair."