Chapter 14

"Ye Hua...who exactly is this High Goddess of Qing Qiu?" Le Xu asked anxiously, and Ye Hua pretended to not understand, "Mother, Qian Qian's just a High Goddess, that's all." "Don't bluff us, Ye Hua, you've never let your son anywhere near strangers, not even me, and yet here she is calling A-Li "Riceball" affectionately, and holding his hand! Besides, you don't even address her name! You call her Qian Qian!" Su Jin spoke with anguished tears welling up in her eyes, and the Heavenly Lord nodded, "There is much truth in Su Jin's words."

"Furthermore, Ye Hua, you said you would only love that Su Su. Why the sudden change of heart? She hasn't enchanted you, has she, my dear son???" Le Xu rushed over at once, a counter enchantment forming in her hands, and Ye Hua stood perfectly still as his mother threw the counter enchantment at him. Nothing happened.

"A-Li calls her Mother. So I call her Qian Qian." Ye Hua stated simply, and Le Xu was shaking her finger furiously, "A-Li's just a child, Ye Hua! Yes, I agree that Su Su and Bai Qian look almost identical, but how could you let A-Li call Bai Qian "Mother" just because she looks like Su Su, when he doesn't even call Su Jin so? Ye Hua, this is unreasonable!"

"Le Xu, calm down first..." Yang Cuo grabbed his wife by her shoulders, forcing her to stay still, and he turned to his son with a frown on his face, "Ye Hua, other than the confusing relation of Su Su and Bai Qian, there's another thing. I was tasked previously with the mission of finding Si Yin before you took over, and is it me, or are the coincidences between Si Yin and Bai Qian very suspicious to you as well? Besides, where would Bai Qian have gotten a wound from? I've heard that there was an uproar in the Ghost Realm yesterday."

"...There are some things only Qing Qiu has the authority to reveal, Grandfather. If I reveal these, Qing Qiu might break off the engagement for fear we're only there to steal their information." Ye Hua said calmly, and the Heavenly Lord turned red at his words, "Ye Hua, it's good that you understand the need to keep Qing Qiu's secrets, but the case about Si Yin needs to be resolved, or else we might never find out where High God Mo Yuan went!"

"Si Yin knows what he's doing. High God Mo Yuan might really be awakening soon." Ye Hua said flatly, turning to leave, when the Heavenly Lord said something that made his blood run cold.

"Then why is it the spies we have in the Zi Ming Palace reported they saw Bai Qian of Qing Qiu rush into the main hall? What's more, Ye Hua, they saw a figure in black with a Celestial aura."

"Father, that could be anyone else. It might not be Ye Hua." Lian Song, who had been quiet all the while, finally came to Ye Hua's rescue, and the Heavenly Lord grudgingly placed the possibility into consideration, "Nonetheless, why was the High Goddess there? Now we most certainly know where her wounds came from!"

"Then you may ask the Ghost Lord, Father. It would be far less sensitive, as they have sworn their allegiance. It might be provocative and considered rude if we asked Qing Qiu blatantly regarding an issue they might not know about." Lian Song suggested, and Ye Hua was mentally thanking his Third Uncle for his help.

"...That is true. But for now, Ye Hua, I want you to observe Bai Qian very carefully, do you hear me?" The Heavenly Lord glowered at Ye Hua, who hastily sunk into a bow, "Yes, Grandfather. I take my leave."

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Ye Hua, hold up!"

Lian Song called Ye Hua to a corner, and Ye Hua bowed to his Uncle, "Thank you for your help, Third Uncle." "Is it true? That Bai Qian has many identities?" Lian Song was anxiously tapping his fan against his palm, and Ye Hua looked at his Uncle seriously, "Third Uncle, if I tell you that..."