Chapter 11

"Qian Qian!"

Bai Qian froze. Her fan was already rising out of the water and speeding halfway towards her palm, and it was far too late to hide it again. Besides, it had already been in her possession when she fell down to the mortal realm. With this final clue, Ye Hua could then easily piece her identity together. 

"Ye Hua..." Bai Qian began, but Ye Hua shook his head, "If you're about to tell me that you're Si Yin, you can save that for later. You're going to look for Xuan Nü now, aren't you?" "How-?" Bai Qian was terrified. Was it that easy to guess? But Ye Hua only smiled, "Qian Qian, there are portraits of Si Yin, you know. I've examined every single one of them, and they all look like you when you're in men's clothes. I only needed you to confirm you had a Shifu, that's all."

Opening her mouth and finding that she had nothing to say, Bai Qian closed it back, and she tapped her fan against her palm lightly, wondering what Ye Hua intended to do to her now, after confirming her identity with her just like that. To her surprise, he instead summoned his Qing Ming sword, and Bai Qian realised that his intention was to follow her to the Zi Ming Palace of the Ghost Realm.

"You're...going with me?" Bai Qian asked tentatively, and Ye Hua understood. It would stir up even more tension if he followed, seeing as how the Crown Prince of the Celestial Tribe outrightly attacking the Ghost Lord's wife would be almost equivalent to provoking a war between both tribes again. But then again, to take the body of a highly revered God for self gain was a crime on its own, and Ye Hua offered her a faint smile, before his determination set in his eyes, "Let's go."

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

The sky cracked with lightning, split into various sections as Bai Qian and Ye Hua sped through the clouds. The feeling of anticipation for battle buzzed through Bai Qian's veins like an adrenaline rush, and the air hummed with an electrostatic current as the Purity Jade Fan of Kun Lun trembled slightly in Bai Qian's palm, being a weapon that could call on the winds and rains to summon a storm.

"Have you waited long, Qian Qian, for this day of revenge?" Ye Hua mused, talking to himself, and Bai Qian bared her teeth in what he perceived as a fierce version of a grin, "Too long, Ye Hua. I've waited too long."

...

"The Purity Jade Fan of Kun Lun?" Li Jing heard the roll of the exceptionally loud thunder snapping loudly over the Ghost Realm, and he quickly turned his horse around, "Stop the hunt! Return to Zi Ming Palace now!"

...

"Your Majesty...it's about to rain!" The guards were worried as they stood outside, not daring to disobey Xuan Nü's orders, yet not wanting to be caught in the imminent thunderstorm, but Xuan Nü ignored their pleas, "I SAID, STAND GUARD! Qian Qian will be here! I know she will! And I want to watch her scream and beg for me to not touch the body of her precious Shifu! I want her to see how she has lost to me once again! When our son wakes up, the Ghost Lord will never neglect me again! NEVER!" Xuan Nü screeched, flinging a ball of fire in the guard's way in her craze, and the poor guard quickly scrambled back to his position by the door.

"Qian Qian..." Xuan Nü grabbed a fistful of her dress, lifting it so that she could walk up to the highest platform in the room, "You will come." Raising her head in confirmation, Xuan Nü smiled with tints of madness, "You will come...and you will lose...once and for all..."

"Or I may not." A sharp voice rang clearly, reverberating off the walls of the furnace room, and Xuan Nü's head snapped quickly in the direction of the sound, "Qian Qian?! You've finally arrived!" Eyeing the black figure beside Bai Qian, Xuan Nü leered at Bai Qian from where she was, "Ah, but what's this? Too cowardly to fight me on your own?"