Chapter 43

"Husband?" Bai Qian's voice spoke softly by his ear, and Ye Hua smiled as he opened his eyes, staring into her beautiful features. It was as though he had been seeing her in a distorted way all along...for Bai Qian with her beautiful pair of large doe eyes was absolutely breathtaking, so much so that Ye Hua was instantly taken over by a possessiveness, "Yes, my Crown Princess?" "What's for breakfast?" Bai Qian kissed his cheek, her eyes still widely opened, and even as Ye Hua was about to kiss her as well, Jia Yun entered the room, "Your Highness, Crown Prince, sorry to disturb, but his Highness, the Third Prince, is here."

"Third Uncle?" Ye Hua sat up at once, a frown on his face, and Jia Yun hesitated, before he continued, "Your Highness...Dong Hua Di Jun is also here too. They stand by the entrance of the cave, waiting for your welcome." "Dong Hua Di Jun is here?!" Bai Qian was taken aback, "I do beg their pardon; what business would Di Jun have in Qing Qiu?" But even as she said that, Bai Qian hurriedly dressed herself while slipping her feet into her shoes, and Ye Hua glanced at her briefly, before he left the room first to greet his uncle.

"Ye Hua." Lian Song nodded as Ye Hua bowed in greeting, and Di Jun's gaze barely paused on Ye Hua, roaming over to Bai Qian as he searched for a confirmation to his theory. Then, even as Bai Qian finally finished grooming herself, walking out from her room, Di Jun snapped his gaze back to Ye Hua, before he gave a slight nod, "Crown Prince Ye Hua." 

"Third Uncle, what brings you here to Qing Qiu today?" Ye Hua knew that Di Jun had already analyzed Bai Qian just in the brief moment of scanning her down, and Lian Song tapped his fan against Ye Hua's shoulder, "Uh...about that, Ye Hua...how's Bai Qian lately?" "Third Uncle...you know?" Ye Hua dropped his voice, and before Lian Song replied, Bai Qian was already by Ye Hua's side as she greeted, "Bai Qian greets Di Jun and Third Uncle."

"No need for formalities," Di Jun answered first, much to Lian Song's surprise, "Crown Princess Bai Qian, I'd like to speak to the Crown Prince...privately." "Oh! Right." Bai Qian looked away at once, "Then...I'll be in the main room, if anything." "Thank you." Di Jun nodded, and Bai Qian pecked Ye Hua's cheek quickly, before she strode off, leaving the three men to themselves.

"Know what, Ye Hua?" Lian Song picked up on his nephew's question, and Ye Hua saw Lian Song glance briefly at Di Jun, who did not express much signs of listening, and yet had his blue eyes fixed on Ye Hua. "I don't suppose Qian Qian's condition has spread to even the Nine Heavens?" Ye Hua didn't seem too pleased, much to Lian Song's confusion, but Di Jun merely replied, "No, it has not. It was a guess of mine, that perhaps, the Crown Princess might be expecting...?"

"She is. But she does not know." Ye Hua confirmed, and Lian Song's eyebrows did a dance as he blinked at his nephew, "Ye Hua, what do you mean, she does not know? The child grows within her, no? How would she not know?" "She was out cold when Zhe Yan took her pulse, and we have yet to tell her. And she passed the symptoms off as a side effect of changing her eyes, so...she doesn't know of it." Ye Hua explained, and Di Jun raised his eyebrows, "And you do not intend to tell her either, Crown Prince, do you?"

"No." Ye Hua hesitated before he added, "I wish for her to find out on her own." "If that's the case, letting her out of your sight is rather unwise." Lian Song turned to look for Bai Qian, and Ye Hua admitted, "I wasn't really intending to, Third Uncle, but..." "Nevermind. That's all I needed to clarify. And we have yet to eat breakfast...do you mind, Crown Prince, if we stay for breakfast?" Di Jun waved his sleeve, and Ye Hua gave a bow, "Not at all, Di Jun. I'm sure Feng Jiu would be glad to display her culinary skills again."

"Very well then," Lian Song agreed at once, eyeing Di Jun as he slapped Ye Hua's shoulder, "Aren't we all starving?"

But much to his dissatisfaction, Di Jun kept silent, pretending to be rather unaffected, and Lian Song laughed to himself.