Chapter 62

"Ye Hua...what are you doing?"

Bai Qian woke up to her husband laying his head on her chest, and with a smile, Ye Hua rubbed her abdomen gently, "Getting to know the little one." "You have two more years, you know." Bai Qian smiled, her hand joining him despite her own remarks, and Ye Hua flipped them around swiftly, hoisting her up into his arms as her head rested on his chest, her arms around his waist and his arms around her shoulders, "Two years pass quickly. I missed my chance with A-Li, so I'll spend all my attention on this one." "It was your fault. Treating me coldly still ended up with me jumping off the Zhu Xian Terrace." Bai Qian gave him a glare, although it didn't contain much resentment, and Ye Hua stroked her cheek softly, "That was my miscalculation. And I should have gotten someone to stab Su Jin in the mermaid rebellion as well."

"You wouldn't!" Bai Qian gaped in mock disbelief, just as Nai Nai entered their room, and upon seeing Ye Hua and Bai Qian in an embrace, Nai Nai blushed, although she was rather used to walking in on such a scene already, "Your Highness, Madam, your breakfast is ready. Jia Yun also asked me to remind Madam that she is to attend Su Jin's trial later as well, unless Madam feels unwell." "Aye, unwell. As if the generals would accept that for a reason." Bai Qian groaned audibly, already feeling sick from the mention of Su Jin, and Ye Hua stroked her hair, "They could if you force them to. I always thought that Grandfather pampered them too much." 

"Leave the breakfast, Nai Nai." Bai Qian sighed, "And tell Jia Yun that we have gotten the reminder and will attend the meeting unless I've been fortunately knocked unconscious." "Must you be so sardonic?" Ye Hua laughed softly as Nai Nai left the room, and Bai Qian widened her eyes in mock innocence, "You love me for it, don't you?" "I love you for everything." Ye Hua kissed her forehead, "Although now we do have to finish breakfast and proceed to the Grand Hall for the trial."

And with another of his wife's groans, Ye Hua lifted the food off the tray and began to feed it into Bai Qian's mouth.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"We have been gathered here today for a few things to be settled. Firstly, we will address what will happen to the Ghost Tribe, and its leadership. Secondly, regarding the Ghost Lord Li Jing who died heroically in the war. Lastly, we will discuss the crimes of the traitors that have led to the war. Anyone else has a suggestion of something we have neglected?" Ye Hua cleared his throat, looking at all his subjects, which were mainly all Celestial generals and heads of the different Celestial clans. And of course, Di Jun sat on a mat on the highest platform, leaning against his arm rest lazily, although his eyes were focused on the Crown Prince, who carried himself with confidence.

"No? Then let us begin." Ye Hua sat back down on his seat, the one right next to the Heavenly Lord's throne, and Jia Yun rose. "The current proposal, as briefly discussed, is for the Ghost Princess, Princess Yan Zhi, sister to former Ghost Lord Li Jing, and daughter to Ghost Lord Qing Cang who reigned before Ghost Lord Li Jing, to take the throne of the Ghost Tribe. Unfortunately," Jia Yun paused, glancing at Ye Hua as a signal for the Crown Prince to take over, and Ye Hua rose again, "Unfortunately, there has been some disagreement to this, thus we shall now discuss what the final verdict will be."

"I still say that we should govern them." Peng Re, the same general that had spoken out of turn and caused Bai Qian to over-aggravate herself in an argument with him, rose from his table, and Di Jun noticed the Crown Prince move slightly. "Peng Re, I believe the Crown Princess has explained it once in your argument," Ye Hua had to pause in order to press Bai Qian back into her seat with a subtle shake of his head, which he at once disguised as a cough, "Why do you insist that we claim jurisdiction over the Ghost Tribe?"