Prologue

Clarification:

-It is more than saying that this story is 100% fictitious, the events of this chapter do not have to do with what actually happened, although it has some references, it is very different, if you want to know what happened in reality, end of the chapter I will put a video of NatGeo telling the true story.

May 25, 1982

¡TA! ¡TA! ¡TA! ¡TA! ¡TA! ¡TA! ¡TA! ¡TA! ¡TA! ¡TA!

The sound of 2 Oerlikon guns firing.

[Shit, 2 enemy planes are coming]

[Why the hell don't the missiles fire?]

[Keep shooting]

[The planes have dropped their bombs!]

¡ZZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!

2 Planes drop the bombs and run away from their target.

[All crew prepare for impact!]

BBOOOOOOOMMMM!

[They have given us!]

[Damage report: computer room destroyed, bow motor destroyed, ship tilts, we cannot control flooding.]

[All crew leave ship!]

The soldiers ran from one side to the other and prepared the wreck rafts.

That day I was going to do a decoy operation which ended in failure, however, this episode ends here, but my story not yet.

POV FIRST PERSON A FEW HOURS BEFORE.

Today the weather was somewhat bad, the day is somewhat cloudy and an icy wind was running, we were on the Malvinas island, a colony of my country, which Argentina attacked and took over that island, according to the orders Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher deploy the Army and navy to recover the island, I am currently in command of a type 42 destroyer, HMS Coventry, it is an anti-aircraft defense destroyer of the British Royal Navy, behind the frigate HMS Broadsword sails, according to our formation it is invincible, according to the Fleet admiral, HMS Coventry, its function is as mobile anti-aircraft radar to warn the high command of Argentine enemy attacks and the command would intercept them with their Sea Harriers, in extreme cases my ship would be the one to eliminate enemy aircraft.

Currently I am sitting in the captain's chair and I look at the state from there, in that the deck officer (OC for short) approaches me.

OC: (Distrustful) Captain, is this what we do safe?

Me: Well, they are orders from the high command, there is no choice but to obey, also according to their logic to merge, the power of the Sea Wolf of the Broadsword and the power of the Sea Dart of our ship, it would be an invincible formation or so they think.

Helmsman: Really Captain?

Me: Well, you have seen our exercises from 3 days ago and it turned out, if we do everything as we did in practice, there is nothing to fear, but be aware that there could be setbacks, so do not lower your guard.

All: Understood!

Me: Also, I have already booked my vacation for August 4th, so there is no choice but to return safe and healthy.

These words undoubtedly raised the morale of my subordinates, despite what I said was joking.

¡CONK! ¡CONK!

I hear footsteps coming toward my captain's chair on the command bridge, and I turn and see my first officer.

PO: (Short for First Officer) Captain, AIC Notifies Skyhawk 25 km to the east, heading to attack landing force How do we proceed?