Chapter 27: Recklessness

POV FIRST PERSON

Nagato had called us for a conference and we were already present, I realized that those who are present are the former members of the third torpedo and now we hear the mission report.

Jintsuu: The front of MI?

Nagato: Yes, I would like you to investigate it.

Mutsu: Remember that you do not need to take risks, remember that you must avoid fires on your covers.

All: yes!

Nagato: You just have to investigate the exact location of the AF base, we have already sent other fleets to look for them, there is no doubt that the attack force of the aircraft carriers that bombed the Yokosuka naval base is the main force of the enemy, if you get too close, they will attack them relentlessly.

Fubuki: Simply put, if we got close and they attack us, that would mean that the main enemy force is there.

Mutsu: That's right.

Nagato: That's it, you can set sail.

Then we made a military salute and retired to set sail, this mission is very important and of short duration, so there is no need to prepare, if we are very lucky, the mission will only last 7 hours and in the worst case it will last 24 hours.

After checking our rigging we set sail immediately, however, I am very worried about Fubuki, without a doubt she is very interested in carrying out that large-scale remodeling, without a doubt that will influence a lot in Fubuki's performance in this mission and I fear that she be very impulsive to gain combat experience.

Yo: Fubuki ...

Fubuki: Yes? What's going on?

Me: Remember that Jintsuu is the flagship and you have to obey her.

Sendai: (Animated tone) Coventry-chan I think you are very paranoid, the special destroyer knows what you have to do, right?

Fubuki: (Confident smile) Yes, you don't have to worry.

Mutsuki / Me: (That expression of yours is what worries me)

Me: (Worried) (I hope nothing happens)

We continue sailing southeast at 20 knots.

TIME SKIP

4 hours had passed and my radar did not capture the enemy, on my radar only friendly contacts appear like the fifth division 70 km north of our position, outside of that ... my radar does not capture anything, not even enemy planes that are on patrol.

Jintsuu, Naka and Sendai had sent reconnaissance planes on many occasions, but that did not help at all, I also sent my helicopter on many occasions, but also did not find any enemy ships, without a doubt this mission will last longer than what I had predicted.

Sendai: (excited) Coventry-chan! I didn't know you could deploy reconnaissance aircraft!

Sendai had wanted to ask me about my helicopter for a long time, but due to the situation she could not do it, but since the enemy did not appear Jintsuu under the alert level and we could relax to rest a little.

Yuudachi: (excited) Yes! Are you a remodeled destroyer !?

Me: Calm down! I will answer the two questions one by one!

Yuudachi / Sendai: Sorry.

Me: Ahem! To begin with, that plane that I own is called a Helicopter, that helicopter is a Westland Lynx model, its mission is: Search and rescue, reconnaissance mission, anti-submarine attack and anti-surface attack.