Chapter 34: The Prelude to a Nightmare

POV THIRD PERSON

The sky is cloudy, the weather is very bad, the sea is covered with oil and fire.

¡RROOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!

A Zero Type 91 aircraft flies while smoke comes out of the wing, the plane plummets into a abyss and crashes into the abyss, the explosion effectively sinking the abyss.

BBBOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM! SLASSSHHHHHHHHHHH!

???: [This is Soryuu, my sister I have been damaged, we cannot deploy more planes]

????: [THE ENEMY IS EVERYWHERE!]

???: [Enemy planes are detected, there are 140 of them]

???: [17 enemy battleships were detected to our rear]

Many disastrous reports entered Akagi's radio.

???: [All allied planes were shot down, we've lost air superiority!]

Akagi could only curse her bad luck, Akagi carrying an unconscious Kaga while thinking of a desperate way to escape from this disastrous situation.

Akagi: What can I do? How do I end this like this? I have done my best to bring this operation to absolute victory ... Have I underestimated the enemy? ... I am so sorry ... I was unable to protect her. 

???: AKAGI! WATCH OUT!

In that Akagi can see that an enemy plane unleashes its bombs against her.

???????????

In that Akagi wakes up quickly, Akagi's breathing is somewhat fast, she looks at Kaga and she is sleeping peacefully.

Akagi: Thank goodness, it was all a dream ... (Thoughtful) But that felt very real ... What could this feeling be? I have been having this same dream since this operation was approved.

Akagi gets up and then opens the curtains and she sees Fubuki and Coventry trotting around the base.

Fubuki: (Waving) Akagi-sempai! Good Morning!

Coventry: Good morning!

Akagi just waves her hand to return the greeting, Akagi fills with motivation and changes her clothes.

[22 HOURS FOR OPERATION MI]

In the command office of the Nagato base she is pensive while looking at a local map, she seems to have a lot of trouble deciding the formation for the offensive.

Mutsu: Still can't make up your mind? Remember that they are all very nervous.

Nagato: I'm working on it, being admiral of the fleet is not easy, I had already confirmed the fleets to participate, but I have a feeling that something is wrong, something is not right. In fact, Fubuki will participate in the main fleet since the admiral ordered it, Coventry and Broadsword would also be in the support fleet, the offensive and defensive power of those British ships will also do a lot of help.

¡TCO! ¡TOC!

At that someone knocks on the door.

Mutsu: Who are?

Akagi: Its Akagi.

Nagato: Go ahead.

The door opens and Akagi walks in, then she does a military salute to Nagato.

Akagi: I'm Akagi from the 1st Aircraft Carrier Division, I came to ask Nagato for a request.

Nagato: What is it?