CHAPTER 5: Living my new life.

POV THIRD PERSON

After finishing the mission to exterminate the Abyssal base, the ships head towards the Yokosuka base, on the Coventry command bridge, Coventry is sitting in the captain's chair while watching the seascape, that's where Akagi is approaching.

Akagi: Thoughtful?

Me: Hmmm? No, I just look at the seascape.

Akagi: I see.

Me: One thing. Are you IJN Akagi? The aircraft carrier of the first division?

Akagi: (Curious) Yes, why do you ask?

Me: Curiosity, one more thing. Could you tell me today's date and day?

Akagi: Today? Today is Tuesday, May 27, 1943. Why?

Me: just asking. You said I am a Kanmusume or so I think right?

Akagi: That's right.

Me: could you tell me what is a Kanmusume? If you do not mind.

That's what Elizabeth comes in

Elizabeth: Akagi I will answer the question, after all Coventry belongs to the Royal Navy.

Akagi just nods her head.

Elizabeth: Well, the Kanmusume are the soul of a ship, 3 years ago a race that we call abyssal appeared suddenly and took over the seas and humanity was thrown out of the seas, no warship could stop their advances, months later, Some of the ships sunk by the Abyssal revived for a strange reason and faced the Abyssal now under equal conditions, humanity was also able to develop a device that invokes the Kanmusume, or so I believe.

Elizabeth's explanation was too crude for our main character to understand.

Me: (Doubtful) I understand, but I think there are too many plot holes in your explanation, without offending of course.

Elizabeth: ¡Ugh!

Akagi: Better I explain, the Kanmusume, they are spirits of the ships that in retaliation against the nether for sinking them and attacking their loved ones revived to fight the nether, we Kanmusume unlike when we were ships, we are more powerful, We can summon equipment, transport our ships by carrying them inside our bodies, and we can also navigate with them in their ship form, there are many functions that our vessel does, however (Wink) You will have to learn that in the academy.

Me: (really? Academy?) (Embarrassed laugh) Thanks for the explanation.

Akagi: You're welcome.

Elizabeth: (Depressed in a corner) I wasn't helpful, right?

Me: (uncomfortable) Well, you did help me with something, but your explanation is a bit difficult to process.

Elizabeth: (becomes more depressed) Traitor.

Me: I have not betrayed anyone.

Akagi: She means that she wanted you to flatter her with her explanation.

Me: Ahhh, that, excuse me, I didn't know that.

The ships were now on their course to the Yokosuka base.

TIME SKIP 3 DAYS

The ships had arrived at the port and the admiral with Nagato were waiting in the port.

Nagato: Admiral, I don't know how but the enemy seems to have somehow found out about our intentions.

Japanese Admiral: (NT: From now on it will be called AJ for short) Yes, this was something unexpected, we did not expect that the Abyssal would ambush the main fleet, but somehow they managed to clear the sea route to Australia. (Looks towards the Coventry) Hmmm? Nagato Was there a ship like that?