13. Hell week but it's training

Start from the beginning

He shot a straight instead of the cross shot you had jumped up to block. Goto picked it up, passing the ball back to Kaneko as you landed.

You stepped back a couple steps before running up for your approach.

"Two blockers!"

Your captain Nakayama yelled out as Kaneko set the ball to you.

"Sometimes the blocks aren't as solid as they seem." Hajime said as he passed you a tangerine.

"What do you mean?"

You lifted your brow at him as you took the tangerine.

"Well it could be because they don't normally play as blockers or don't have much experience with it or something in their approach went wrong and messes up little factors in the blocks. But when something like that happens, they leave a slight gap between their arms when they jump. If you spike it hard enough you can break their wall." Hajime smiled at you as he ruffled your hair.

"Be careful though, some of the more experienced and smarter blockers may leave the gap there to fool you into spiking there only to block you." Mattsun said as he sat down next to you.

"Okay!"

Kawanishi and another first year who you recognized as one of the wing spikers jumped up to block you. The other first year directly in front of you.

A gap

They were blocking your straight for you to shoot a cross towards Yamagata.

You puffed up your cheeks as you pulled your arm back.

80%

You spiked the ball once it had reached your highest point, everything seemed to be going in slow motion.

You saw as the ball which you had shot with slightly less power than normal to make sure you aimed right went through the gap that Hajime had told you about. It hit the court making a loud boom at the impact.

You landed and looked over at one of the managers who was working as line ref.

In.

Hajime-san and Mattsun-san. I did it!

You looked over at Kaneko who was looking at the ball roll away on the other side of the court, mouth open and enlarged eyes. She turned to look over at you as a bright smile painted her face.

"Oikawa!" She lifted her hands as she ran towards you.

"Where'd you learn that! It was- it was."

Kaneko stumbled over the right word to use to describe what she had just seen.

"So cool!" Sasaki yelled out from the side lines, throwing up her two thumbs as you both looked over at her.

_____________________

You slumped onto the gym floor, yet again.

"Gross. You know how dirty that is?"

Shirabu glared down at you as he lightly tapped you with his foot.

"Shut it Kenjirou. We mop every day."

"We haven't moped it today though, so you're currently laying on mountains of dust, dirt and sweat."

"We have gym shoes to not bring in dirt for a reason Kenji." You sighed as you sat up, throwing a hand up for him to help you up.

"They can still accumulate dust though." He shrugged as he pulled you up.