10. Onigiri with da bros~

"Onigiriiiii with da bros~"

You wiggled your shoulders as you walked out the convenience store with your bags of onigiri.

"That was literally so lame"

Kawanishi let out a light laugh as he walked closely behind you.

"And cringe"

Shirabu added as he approached you and Kawanishi with some drinks.

You clicked your tongue as you passed Shirabu his share of onigiri, before whipping your phone out and clicking on the little camera icon.

You turned the camera to take a selfie and lifted the camera above your head, giving the camera one of your brightest smiles. Kawanishi's hand shot up into a peace sign, Shirabu choosing to just glare at it.

Click

You hummed as you looked over the picture, "This is going into my onigiri album."

"Onigiri album?"

Kawanishi asked as he opened his onigiri.

"Does it sound weird?"

"If it comes out of your mouth it's bound to sound weird."

Shirabu nonchalantly said before taking a bite of his onigiri, earning yet another click of your tongue.

"How about this one then," you cleared your throat, "live, laugh, onigiri."

Kawanishi snorted beside you. "Is it that bad?" You pouted at him as he patted your head. "No no Y/N it's-"

"Terrible" Shirabu said as you snapped your head back and glared at him.

"Tch, dumbass."

You retorted as you began walking up the street back to your house. Shirabu and Kawanishi catching up to you.

The last two weeks had been pretty exhausting. Your day's events currently consisted of waking up, going to your extra morning practice, going to the convenience store to buy onigiri, (though on rare days you went to the cafeteria for breakfast), attending classes, afternoon practice, studying then sleeping.

Of course then you'd repeat.

So the past two Fridays had truly been a breath of fresh air. Your mom and Tooru had set it upon themselves to call you every day. Mrs. Oikawa would obviously call you to check up on you and make sure you were eating but Tooru would call you and ask about Ushijima. Since after the first two practices the coaches had agreed on conjoint practice, at least until the starters were picked. So you would play or sometimes even be on the same team as Ushijima, thus Tooru would ask about every detail;

What's his preferred set?

What angle does he have a harder time receiving at?

Does he ever truly get discouraged?

Dumb questions which half the time you didn't even know the answer to.

Now you walked towards your house with Kawanishi and Shirabu, thanks to your call with your mother the day before.

It was right after practice and you were talking to Shirabu and Kawanishi about some of the plays you had made during the scrimmages. Practice had run later that day so you hadn't eaten dinner yet.

Your phone rang and you reached into your bag to pick up, normally around that time Tooru would call you and remind you to eat a good meal and ask his "Ushiwaka questions". Shirabu and Kawanishi knew of your brother's calls too so they didn't think much of it. Kawanishi opting to make some weird noises from the back.