Prologue

Hi! My name is Tessa Young and this is the story of my life... I had a lot of ups and downs all entire my life. But him was the one who changed me for good. In the moment I saw him, I knew he is the down. Even if he broke me hundred times, I still love him and I will live the rest of my life with him.

But as every story, let's start with the beginning.

I am 20 years old, I live in Portland with my boyfriend. His name is Trevor and we met almost one year ago at work. For him, it was love at first sight. For me? It was harder to fall in love with him. Why? Because after what happened a few years ago, it's hard for me to trust men. But we will talk about this another time.

My work? I work in a Publishing House. Why? Because I love everything about books and reading. What I do here? My boss is giving me manuscripts, I read it and I made a resume and if I really like that book, I send it to my boss. Like I said earlier, my boyfriend is working with me. He works in the same Publishing House, but in a different department: the economics. He is the one in our relationship who likes the numbers.

I have two good friends here in Portland, Steph and Kim. Steph is my friend since high school and Kim is kind of my boss. Her boyfriend is the boss of the publishing and yeah... But since I came here for the first time, Kim were always there when I needed her. She's so kind and pretty and I'm glad to have a friend like her. On the other side of the continent, I have another best friend, my cousin Kate. We know each other since we were little. I love her so much and we hang out every time when we meet.

As I said, I'm living with my boyfriend, Trevor. We have a little apartment perfect for us, well I can say perfect for me because he is not home most of the time, but I'm used to it. He is sent by our boss in business trips and most of the time I'm alone.