Dominic Toretto x Reader

Dedicated to vampirenight19

Up next: Owen Shaw x Reader

Later: Johnny Tran x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  Y/N, don't let them get into your head. You're important. You're important. You can see things just fine. You can feel. You can remember important facts just like everyone else. Just because you couldn't see physically, it didn't mean that you couldn't do anything at all. It didn't mean that you couldn't get married.

  I felt Letty's hand on my left shoulder and Mia's hand on my right shoulder.

  Letty asked me,"Y/N, are you ready?"

  I said,"I...I'm ready. Thanks, Letty. Can you double check my shoes for me?"

  Letty said,"Of course."

  Mia kept her hand on my shoulder, but she said to me,"Dom's really excited to see you. I had to get Brian to make sure Dom didn't try to come in here to see you."

  I wanted to smile, but I didn't smile.

  I sat down and reached for Letty and Mia's hands saying,"I've been trying so hard not to let those girls get into my head, but I don't think I'm supposed to do this. I don't think it's for me."

  Letty wiped my tears saying,"Y/N, don't say that. You have the right to get married if you want to get married. Don't let them convince you otherwise. This is what you've always wanted. You've told Mia and I that from the beginning. No matter what anyone has said to you, your happiness is important. You're important."

  I sniffed saying,"Thank you, Letty. I needed to hear that. I want to marry Dom. I do. It's just, I won't be able to see what most brides see when they walk down the aisle. I guess that's what's bothering me, too."

  Mia said,"You don't have to see what other brides get to see, Y/N. You are yourself. You choose how you will get through this wedding. You were the one that taught us how to not just rely on what's in front of us, so we know that you'll find a way to teach us something else. Don't put yourself down. You're beautiful. You're amazing. You're smart. You're also crazy, but you're going to get married. We'll make sure of that. Nothing's going to ruin your big day."

  I said,"Mia, I don't know what to say. Will you two get someone to walk me down the aisle, since my father's not here?"

  Letty kissed my cheek and said,"We'll get Roman."

  I nodded saying,"I appreciate it, Letty."

  Mia fixed the bottom of my dress and my makeup, too, before Roman said,"Y/N, do you really want me to do this?"

  I said,"Yes, I do."

  Roman said,"I'll do my best to make you proud, Y/N. Let's get you out there. I've got her, Mia."

  I held Roman's arm and the doors opened.

  Roman whispered to me,"Let me know when you're ready."

  I smiled, but I said to him,"I'm ready. Thank you for asking me first. It means a lot."

  Roman said as we walked together,"You know I've got your back, Y/N. I like your dress."

  I said,"Thank you."

  Once I felt Dom's hands in my own, I took my time to get up the stairs to Dom. I appreciated how no one tried to rush me. They let me do it on my own.

  Dom said,"You look incredible, Y/N."

  I squeezed Dom's hands and it became time for Dom to kiss me some time later. I don't know why, but I was now nervous. I was really nervous.

  Dom asked me,"Y/N, what's wrong?"

  I admitted to Dom, not caring if anyone else heard it too,"I'm nervous. I know I've kissed you several times before, but this time just feels... different."

  Dom said to me,"Y/N, it's okay. I'm nervous, too, but I won't rush you. Take your time. Please."

  I felt guilty making all of these people wait for me to simply kiss Dom, but I was relieved that Dom was being so patient with me. I was also thankful that no one in the crowd was yelling about it or making any rude commentary.
   But when I did finally kiss Dom, it did feel different than all of our other kisses. It wasn't a bad different, though. Dom kissed back and rested his hands on my face. I slowly rested my hands over his hands and let my tears fall.

  Dom slowly pulled away from the kiss and we both took our time walking down the aisle together. As Dom and I walked down the aisle together, I couldn't help but smile with every step that I took away from the altar.

   3 MONTHS LATER...

  Dom sat down beside me and hugged me saying,"Thank you for marrying me, Mrs. Toretto."

  I hugged Dom back saying,"You're welcome. Thank you for treating me like a human being."

  Dom kissed my forehead saying,"You're welcome."

  I felt a little tired, but I continued to hug Dom.

  Dom asked me,"Are you ready to talk to your father yet?"

  I immediately shook my head saying,"No. He didn't come because he would've been embarrassed."

  Dom said,"He-"

  I said,"No, Dom. It's one thing to say you're going to come and walk me down the aisle, but it's another to not return my calls at all and not show up because you know people are going to be watching the both of us."

  Dom didn't say anything, yet he did say to me eventually,"I wasn't embarrassed. I was proud of you, Y/N."

  "Thank you, Dom, for being honest with me. But, Dom, maybe I'll talk to my father one day. I'm just not ready to talk to him today. Maybe he had a good reason for not showing up, but what excuse could make up for that? He's not dead. I know that. My aunt just talked to him today before she called me earlier."

  Dom kissed my forehead again and said to me,"When you do decide to talk to your father, I'll come with you."