Dominic Toretto x Reader

Dedicated to MariaSeavey006

Up next: Leon x Reader

Later: Deckard Shaw x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  After both of my parents abandoned my brother and I, it was up to me to step up and take care of the two of us. It had been a rough five years for me, but it was worth it to see my brother being so happy. I felt like he was practically my son at this point, even though at the end of the day, he was still my baby brother.
  Thunder rumbled the inside of the house, and he ran into my bedroom. He had trouble climbing onto the bed, and I pulled him up. Immediately, he placed himself in between me and the covers. He began to cry and held onto my shirt.

  I ran my fingers through his hair saying,"Shh, Miguel, I've got you. You're okay. I'll keep you safe."

  In a matter of minutes, he was asleep.

  But when I tried to get up to go to the bathroom, he opened his eyes and whimpered saying,"Mommy.."

  Miguel really did see me as his mother, even though I knew I was going to have to tell him one day that he was really my brother. I had tried explaining it to him several times, but I always chickened out. I was already afraid of a lot of things, and I didn't want Miguel to end up being someone else I lost in my life.

  I kissed his forehead and said,"I just have to use the bathroom, and then I'll come right back. I promise."

  Miguel let go of me, yet I could see that he was shaking. I quickly did my business and washed my hands, before I got back into bed and held Miguel protectively. I wasn't planning on going to sleep, but I did.

....

  When I woke up, Miguel was laying on top of me watching cartoons. I attacked him in kisses, and he laughed cutely. I smiled and made sure he was okay, before I began to fix breakfast. About 30 minutes later, the doorbell went off.

  Miguel ran into the kitchen and said,"Mommy.."

  I picked Miguel up and looked to see who it was.

  When I recognized her, I opened the door and Mia kissed my cheek saying,"Hey, Y/N. Something smells good."

  I said,"Hey, Mia. I just finished making breakfast. You hungry?"

  Mia nodded and motioned to the guy beside her saying,"This is my brother, Dom. Dom, this is Y/N."

  Miguel buried his face in my hair, and Dom held out his hand saying,"Nice to meet you, Y/N. Mia has told me a lot about you. I hear family's very important to you."

  I looked at Miguel saying,"Hi, Dom. Family is very important to me. He's all I've got."

  Dom noticed that Miguel was acting shy, and Dom looked at me for permission to speak to Miguel. I let Dom know that it was okay, before I called Miguel's name.

  Dom said,"Hey, do you like cars?"

  Miguel looked at me and then at Dom saying,"Yeah."

  Dom motioned behind him, and Miguel's eyes lit up. Miguel was a huge fan of cars, and I could tell he was a fan of Dom's car. But before Miguel could ask me about Dom's car, I let Mia and Dom come inside to join Miguel and I for breakfast. And then when we all headed back outside, Miguel whispered something in my ear.

  I looked at Dom saying,"Would you mind if Miguel and I got a closer look at your car? He really likes cars."

  Dom nodded, and I followed him over to his car. I held Miguel protectively, out of habit, but Dom paid it no attention. Miguel quickly grew very comfortable talking to Dom, which was new for me to see, but it was a good sign. It always took Miguel a long time to talk to people, but not Dom.
  When Dom headed back to his car, I put Miguel down. Mia nudged me and I had forgotten that she was here. What had she been doing, while Dom showed me and Miguel his car? My guess was talking to Brian on the phone or something.

  Mia said,"He's not seeing anyone, you know."

  I rolled my eyes and said,"Mia.."

  Mia laughed, but she said,"What? You two are perfect for each other. Plus, I saw that look you gave Dom when he was talking to Miguel. Would you at least think about it?"

  I nodded and said,"I'll think about it."

  Dom walked up to me, yet I kept an eye on Miguel who was playing with his toys in the grass.

  Dom asked me,"Are you doing anything next week?"

  Mia smirked at me, but I said to Dom,"No, why?"

  Dom looked over at Miguel and back at me saying,"I'd like to spend more time with you, if that's okay? I know family is important to you, so if you need to bring Miguel too, I understand."

  I placed a kiss on Dom's cheek and said,"Dom, that's okay with me. I'd like to bring Miguel along. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving him with someone else."

  Dom kissed my cheek in return, before I looked over at Mia. I sent her a smile, and she smiled back at me. Once Dom and Mia left, I walked over to Miguel.

  Then, I crouched down to his level.

  He hugged me saying,"I love you, Mommy."

  "I love you too, Miguel."