Brian O'Conner x Reader

Up next: Jesse x Reader

Later: Roman x Reader Part 2

   Y/N'S POV

  As I stood in front of my father's grave, everyone stood behind me for support except for my husband, Brian O'Conner. I knew he wouldn't just not come to my father's funeral, but I needed him here beside me.

  Roman walked up to me and pulled me in for a side hug. I returned his hug and let my tears fall against his suit.

  Roman said,"He'll be here. Maybe he just got caught up in traffic."

  I nodded and didn't say anything back to Roman. Roman's phone went off, and he answered the phone.

  He glanced down at me, before he said to whomever was on the phone,"What? When? Where is he?"

  Roman hung up the phone, and he said,"It's Brian. I'll take you to him."

  I just followed Roman, and Roman let the others know where we were going. When we arrived at Brian and I's place, Brian was just sitting on the porch. I rushed over to Brian, and he looked terrible.

  I took in his appearance and said,"Where did you go? Why weren't you at my father's funeral? Your support would have been great, Brian."

  I was upset that Brian didn't come to my father's funeral, knowing how much my father meant to me, but I was also worried because Brian looked like he had just barely made it out of a fight.

  Brian stood to his feet, and he groaned in pain saying,"I'm really sorry I wasn't there, Y/N, but I had a lead on who killed your father and I went after the guy. But, he had backup, and I barely made it out of there."

  My eyes widened, and I said,"You..You went after the guy who killed my father, and you went after him alone?"

  Brian leaned forward, and I kept him from falling, before Roman said,"Y/N, you can yell at him later. Right now, we have to help him."

  Roman and I helped Brian out, before I made Brian lie down.

  Roman said,"I'm going to go, Y/N. Call me if you need me."

  Roman kissed my forehead before he left.

  Brian said,"I'm sorry, Y/N. I should have been at the funeral."

  All I said was,"Yeah, you should have been there."

  Brian pulled me down with him, and he said,"Baby, look at me."

  I shook my head as I began to cry saying,"You went after someone who has already taken two other people from my family away from me. Now, my dad, and you could have been next!! What if you would not have come back? I would have had to sit through another funeral. Brian, you cannot just do stuff like this! You should have at least taken Dom with you!"

  Brian turned me around, and I still would not look at him.

  When I finally looked at Brian, he rested his forehead against my own saying,"Okay. Okay. I will bring Dom next time. I did not think about what could have happened, and I would never mean to scare you. You will not lose me."

  I just looked at Brian's wounds, and Brian said,"Tomorrow, me and you can visit your father's grave, okay?"

  "Okay. Brian?"

  Brian cupped my face saying,"Yes, Y/N?"

  I said,"I really cannot lose anyone else."

  Brian nodded saying,"I know."

  For the rest of the day, Brian and I just stayed in bed. The next day, we did visit my dad's grave, but I did my best to reassure myself that I would not be here standing at Brian's funeral next.