Chapter 59- Die Out

They say the worst mistake is walking away from the person who actually stood there and waited for you and when we lose someone we must learn to live without them

I walked away from the man I love because I was scared and I never want to live without him.

My eyes burn with unleashed tears as I tare down the hospital corridors, the smell of antiseptic makes my stomach churn even more. The depressing walls make me feel so hopeless.

He's going to be fine.

It's just going to be a scratch.

He'll be fine.

I can hear the heavy footsteps of Emma and Amaury behind me but I don't wait for them. I carry on running, ignoring the burn in my legs and the pounding in my head.

I search the signs, looking for the ICU unit.

Fucking ICU.

Why are these goddam corridors so long? Eventually, when my lungs give in I find Jayden hunched over on some seats in the waiting room of the ICU area. He stands up when he sees me, stitches lining the right side of his face and his right arm sat in a sling. I run over to him and wrap my arms around him being careful not to touch his arm. I hear him grunt and immediately pull away.

"I'm sorry!" I grab his face between my hands and assess his cut, "Are you okay, what happened?" His eyes water and I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him into me, I have to stand on my tippy-toes but I can feel him crying into my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Gigi. It just came out of nowhere." He sobs.

"Hey, hey it's okay." I rub his back letting the tears roll down my face. He pulls away and I wipe the tears from his cheeks, being careful not to touch the deep gash on his face. At some point, Emma and Amaury had joined us and were now standing behind me, Amaurys arm around Emma as she subtly wipes her tears.

"We were just driving along and this car just came and hit into us. It was Colton's side so he took most of the impact." He cries.

"Where is he?" I squeeze his hand and look into some of the rooms.

"He had to be taken to surgery when we got here but he came back and was in his room for a while but then the machine started going off and he had to be rushed back into emergency surgery. They won't tell me anything because I'm not related." He rubs his eyes with his good arm.

"I'll go find a doctor," Amaury says walking away, I take his place and put my arm around Emma.

"I'm so sorry." Jayden mumbles, I wrap my arms around his neck again.

"Don't be silly it wasn't your fault." I let go of him when Aumery walks back around the corner with a doctor, he has a grim expression on his face and carries an iPad lazily.