Chapter 55- Façade

"Christmas

"Christmas."

"The snows coming down!"

"Christmas."

"I'm watching it fall"

"Christmas."

"Lots of people around"

"Christmas."

Lucas and Jayden enter the kitchen, Lucas obviously not voluntarily being a part of Jayden's sing-song from his monotone 'Christmases'.

"Gigi hit the high note!" Jayden shouts.

"Baby please come home!' I sing in response.

"Why are you singing Christmas songs?" Colton asks returning from the pantry.

"Because ITS CHRISTMAS." Jayden shouts mocking the 'Slade' Christmas song, "Well it's November first, meaning its officially okay to start celebrating Christmas." He connects his phone to Colton's speakers and hits play on his Christmas playlist. Lucas sighs and collapses on the kitchen counter, I slide him a cup of coffee.

"Thanks," he lifts his head, "I've had this all fucking morning." I giggle at his lack of Christmas enthusiasm, "How are you?" He lowers his voice a bit, his eyes warm and sympathetic.

"I'm alright, thanks. I can be a bit of a mess sometimes." After last night, the boys were very attentive, Colton wouldn't leave my side, Jayden kept making me repat all that self-love shit and Lucas and Max just watched glee with me, poor things.

" Hey, don't be silly, what he did wasn't okay, you don't have put up a façade." He smiles.

"Thank you, but honestly, I'm doing okay. Just trying to carry on, I'm not really sure what to do about the label but I'm just going to avoid it and carry on for now." Honestly, the label hadn't contacted me yet and I'm petrified, if Castro spins this like he did last night I could be out. Will and Colton wanted to report him but with no actual witnesses and against a wealthy white man like him I wouldn't stand a chance. I can't stay at a label that's headed by such a pig-headed ass but I have a fucking contract to uphold and nowhere else to go. My career would be over and I'm not going to let him take that from me. I spent hours lying awake last night just thinking about his grabby fingers all over me, every time I think about it I feel sick but I've got to carry on, work to be done you know?

"Well if you need anything you know where I am, even if you just want to watch Glee again." He squeezes my arm with a smile.

"Thank you." I smile back.

"Are you excited for tonight Gi?" Jayden asks, placing some cheese... on a plate, into the microwave...?

"Uh...Sure... no. Yes. Kind of. I don't know. It's scary." I huff, deflating down onto the counter. I'm going to my first award show tonight, The AMA's are crazy enough as it is but especially when you're not only performing but you've been nominated for best new artist.