Chapter 16- Be Alright

The smell of bacon wafts through the apartment and under the small gap at the bottom of my door

The smell of bacon wafts through the apartment and under the small gap at the bottom of my door. I'm lying under a mountain of plush pillows and fluffy blankets, pretty much in the same position I've been in for the past three days.

Airpods in. Phone off.

I've barely even spoken to Sofia or Jacob. They come into check on me every couple of hours, bring me snacks or they just lay with me and listen to my music with me.

When I got home the other night, I threw my clothes off and jumped straight in the shower. I just sat there sobbing into the streams of scorching water, trying to wash off the bruises and marks from the harsh touch I'd been objected to at Niki's. I scrubbed my skin so hard I was sure it would scratch right off and wash away down the drain. I haven't gone back to Nikis yet, I've just called in sick every night- cowardly I know but I'm too scared and embarrassed, people witnessed it happening- that's mortifying. However, I did email Berkeley's the morning after to hand in my notice and added in small print at the bottom of the message I would be off ill for the next couple days, maybe even weeks. I know Mr Berkeleys probably having a fit about that right now, but I don't care anymore, I've given him too much of my time already.

I feel like everything has finally caught up to me, I have no motivation or energy what so ever, the other night was the cherry on top of a shit sundae. I've watched countless episodes of Glee and eaten dozens of pints of ice cream in these past few days, in a comatose state in my favourite Primark blanket and filled my notebook with pages and pages of random lyrics that will probably be screwed up and magically find their way to the bin later. I've avoided my social media accounts and any Direct Messages, Snapchat's or quite frankly any notifications in case Coltons had a desire to bitch about me to the world again, I don't have the energy to deal with any more drama at the moment.

I'm still angry with him but an overwhelming sadness has topped it now, I'm starting to think taking the deal was a mistake. I had no idea what I was doing that night, my brain was unresponsive and my heart decided to take me on a fucking joyride. I have no idea how I'm going to survive six months working with that unbearable asshole. Ugh, maybe I should immigrate to Canada or something, become a stripper and live up to his expectations of me...

Suddenly there's a quiet tap at the door and a beam of light travels across my curtain drawn room up to my burrowed face, the smell of bacon is now flooding into my space, heightening my sense buds.

"Wakey wakey eggs and bakey babe! Time to get up!" Sofia shouts joyfully launching herself onto the bed next to me. I pull the duvet further over my face and let out a muffled groan.

"Come on moany, today's the day! The first day of the rest of your life!" She climbs on top of my lifeless body and tugs on the duvet shielding my face, I shrink further underneath the warm covers.

"That is the cringiest thing you've ever said, dummy." I hear a small thud as Jacob places something on my bedside table. I peek over the top of the duvet to see a Starbucks cup covered in condensed droplets filled with a cool beverage. Raspberry ice tea.