Chapter 38- A Gentle Kiss

"Who was he! Don't fucking lie to me, I saw you! Talking to him at work!"

He grabs my hair and pushes me under the cold water, holding my head down.

"ANSWER ME." He screams into my ear dragging me back up, I gulp for air ignoring the pulsing in my brain.

"No one," I stutter trying to grasp for air, " He was a customer, I have to talk to them."

"You're a disgusting liar, I saw you flirting with him like the slut you are!" He shouts, eyes dark with rage. He wacks my head against the side of the bath repetitively.

"I wasn't! I wasn't!" I shout back in between sobs, the pain in my brain getting worse with every collision.

"Stop crying, you're pathetic!" He grabs me by my shirt and lifts me out of the bath throwing me onto the ground.

"This is your fault,Gigi. You made this happen" He whispers maliciously driving his fist into my face, I scream in pain, each punch coming with more force.

"Stop!" I cry, my throat burning, "Please!"

"Gigi!" I feel my body shake and my eyes fly open, "Gigi, sweetheart, wake up!"

I spring up, my heart hammering under my ribcage. Sweat lines my forehead and tears cloud my eyes. I clutch the bed sheets trying to force oxygen into my lungs.

It's fine, you're here! Not there. It's all okay, calm down.

"Hey, hey. It's okay." Colton grabs my shaking hands and I realise he's sat on my bed In the dark, "I heard you screaming, you were having a nightmare."

"I'm sorry I just- I'm so sorry," I can feel the tears running down my face, he pulls my body into his bare chest.

"Hey its okay," he strokes my hair soothing me, I listen to the steady thumping of his heart as it lulls my breathing to a more normal rate, eventually he says "Scoot over" and peels back the thick duvet. He slides into the bed next to me and pulls me back down into his chest wrapping his arms around me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He whispers, pushing my hair out from behind my neck.

Yes, I want to talk about it.

"I... I can't... not yet... I'm sorry"

"It's okay, take your time Gigi, I'll always be here to listen when you're ready." He places a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"Thank you," I whisper, snuggling my head into his shoulder.

"Try and go back to sleep, I'm not going anywhere." He strokes my collar bone with one hand and wraps his arm around my body with another. I stare at the orange light peeking through the blind, this is going to be a long night.