Chapter 20- Calm

"Local Londoner Gigi Lastra dropped her newest EP yesterday and I have to say we are not disappointed

"Local Londoner Gigi Lastra dropped her newest EP yesterday and I have to say we are not disappointed. Already making it's way straight to number two on the official UK charts and number ten on the American charts and with the sales still climbing there's no doubt it could make it to number one by the end of the week! The EP is fresh, raw and just what this industry needs, her heartfelt lyrics and fun-loving melodies have definitely thrown competition into the charts. Lastras been known as an underdog on the London scene, playing in small venues and bars as well as releasing self-produced music, but being newly signed to Hassa Records is exactly what she needs to break herself into the business. The songs spiteful and Rich Folk definitely pull on the heartstrings and release an amount of honesty and vulnerability needed within society today. We're all excited to see what's next for the upcoming pop sensation! She's hit the ground running with this new EP and I don't think she's slowing down anytime soon!" Sofia recites off her phone from the first half of the NME review of my new EP that was dropped two days ago.

Yes, my EP was released by Hassa Records two days ago and boy have they been the most insane two days in my life. In just three hours of it being available for public ears, my EP had climbed the official UK charts to Number five and by the end of the day, it was sat at Number 2, where it has been ever since. The next day Will called me to tell me that it had also reached number ten on the American charts overnight. I honestly thought he was pulling my leg, it was so unbelievable. It feels like an out of body experience, like Patrick Swayze in Ghost. I never, ever thought my music would ever reach this scale and so bloody quick, my Instagram following has more than doubled in the last 24 hours too, it all feels like a dream... it is my dream... was my dream, I guess I am living the dream.

I chuckle to myself and burrow my face into my palms, I always get really shy when people talk about me or pay me compliments, it's like a foreign language, I can't understand it... unless it's Italian.

I can hear Sofia squeal and go back to the stove where she's cooking a questionable breakfast, what sort of resembles sausages sizzles away in the pan, suddenly a pair of hands grab my arms which are still supporting my hiding head,

"Good morning, Superstar," Jacob says dropping his body into the barstool beside me, I let out a small groan at the nickname I've recently acquired.

"How are you this morning squishy?" he says accepting a cup of coffee Sofias sliding across the counter.

"Uh good... I guess" I say but in reality, my stomach is doing more spins than a washing machine, tonight is the first show of the tour and I am fucking petrified.

"Are you sure... and I'm not talking about tonight," he leans closer to my ear so Sofia can't hear, "because I heard you last night..."

I sigh, I've been having frequent nightmares about... certain things... what happened at Niki's has definitely bought up some turmoil from my past, things that I've buried and wished not to be dug up again. On top of the heavy workload and anxiety around the EP and the tour, I've spent the last few weeks waking up in sweats or screaming.