Chapter 45 - Five Months!

The next afternoon the jet touches down at Heathrow and I follow behind Gigi as we step into the black SUV waiting for us

The next afternoon the jet touches down at Heathrow and I follow behind Gigi as we step into the black SUV waiting for us. The last time I was in London it was fucking freezing but it's slightly warmer today. Still being used to the L.A. heat it's still not very hot but I can see why the locals would be sat in their paddling pools.

Gigi rests her head against my shoulder and Will clambers into the front seat. We both watch out of opposite windows, watching the London landscape fly past. The sun glints off highrise windows and people flock to the streets, hands full of shopping bags under the harsh rays. Gigi's smile widens with every new road we venture down. Suddenly she jolts forward,

"Wait, can we make a quick detour?" She asks the driver, who glances at Will who nods. She tells him the address and falls back onto my shoulder, I curl a strand of her hair around my finger, its softness appeals when it glides through the rest of my hand.

"Its weird isn't it when you come back after being gone for so long," she mutters turning her head up to me,

"I don't know is it?" I ponder still twirling her hair between my fingers.

"Yeah, I just feel like the worlds moved on without me, like- holy shit what the fuck is that?" She pulls away from my body and presses her cheeks up to the window. I slide across behind her, close enough to see a poster on the back of the bus shelter. The cover photo for our single. She gasps,

"That's us! On a fricking bus stop!!" She gapes at me, covering her mouth with her hand, I chuckle at her antics.

"Yeah, you look sexy doll," I say moving back to my seat, she turns her head back to the window to hide the flame in her cheeks, but my grin widens seeing her reflection.

After another ten minutes the car pulls down a more residential road and stops outside of a school, parents and children flurry the street,

"Alright, I'll be back in a few," She says opening the door.

"Wait where are you going? I wanna come!" I whine, my legs are cramped as fuck back here, the backseats don't really accommodate those taller than five foot eight. I follow her out and quickly pull her into my chest as a scooter whizzes past us nearly knocking her off her feet.

"Hey watch it!" I shout after him. A slap in my pec draws me down to an angry munchkin.

"Oi! He's just a kid!" Gigi growls at me, I shrug and slip my fingers into hers as she pulls us down the street away from the car. She raises a brow at me but doesn't attempt to remove my entangled fingers from hers.

A bunch of kids stare at me as we walk past their parents' whisper.

"Gigi are you sure this is safe?" I whisper. She giggles,

"God, you're so right! Quick phone the security team! We need to be protected from the five-year-olds that want to bash out knee caps in!" She says dramatically, laced with sarcasm.